Has anyone heard anything from Midwestern-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recently got an interview invite, but i'm wondering if there are even that many spots left to make my trip worth it? If there's only a few spots, i think my chances of getting in are slim. At this point in time, can anyone estimate how many spots are still left? It seems like alot of people are being pulled from the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got an interview invite, but i'm wondering if there are even that many spots left to make my trip worth it? If there's only a few spots, i think my chances of getting in are slim. At this point in time, can anyone estimate how many spots are still left? It seems like alot of people are being pulled from the alternate list.

Two bits of information to think about. There are quite a few people who are waiting to hear from Midwestern CCP who interviewed over the past 6 weeks. So that kind of works against you. However, during the interview it was said that if an interview was given there were spots open. They dont interview for the alternate list etc. So there will be spots...but may not be too many. Either way you look at it...prolly worth a shot if you dont have anything for sure at this point. Good Luck!

Midwestern finally updated their portal!!! I was accepted woot! But I think I'm turning it down, so there will be another opening for someone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Midwestern finally updated their portal!!! I was accepted woot! But I think I'm turning it down, so there will be another opening for someone.

I wonder if they've updated all the accepted applicant portals yet... I guess for now I'll just have to wait impatiently for the mailman.

it doesnt seem like they have updated their portals for all their applicants yet; i received my acceptance by phone but my portal is still inactive; btw are you a Fresno State student?

thanks. that gives me a little glimmer of hope... lol. and yeah, I'm a student at Fresno State.

thanks. that gives me a little glimmer of hope... lol. and yeah, I'm a student at Fresno State.

Toupac,

Did you get the email regarding decision letters being mailed this week? I wonder if they made it through all the applicants last week. I know a few people who didnt get that email, and when they contacted the school their files still hadn't gone through final review.

Toupac,

Did you get the email regarding decision letters being mailed this week? I wonder if they made it through all the applicants last week. I know a few people who didnt get that email, and when they contacted the school their files still hadn't gone through final review.

yes, i got that email last week.

My portal was not updated neither did i receive any e-mail from CCP, but i called in today and they told me that i have been placed on alternate list, i interviewed on march'12. I am sooo nervous i really wanna get into this school, its my top choice....... any advice would be greatly appreciated also have any of you guys or people you know been pulled out of altenate list ...i really wanna know my chances.:scared:

My portal was not updated neither did i receive any e-mail from CCP, but i called in today and they told me that i have been placed on alternate list, i interviewed on march'12. I am sooo nervous i really wanna get into this school, its my top choice....... any advice would be greatly appreciated also have any of you guys or people you know been pulled out of altenate list ...i really wanna know my chances.:scared:

The only thing you can do is wait. I was waitlisted at CPG and pulled off a couple months later. The waiting game sucks, but it is all part of the process.

Why did you wait till the last minute to apply? The chance is slim as we speak.

Why did you wait till the last minute to apply? The chance is slim as we speak.

If you thought early March was late, mines is in early April:
Wednesday Morning, Apr 7, 2010

I think I screwed myself over by waiting so long. I hope my stats can compete ><

i just have my fingers crossed ....do u by any chance know when they start pulling people out of alternate list .

hi all! i checked my portal last night after reading this thread about people finding out their acceptances..and i got accepted! :D maybe they might have updated the portal for more people today? for all who've interviewed last month, it's rolling in! finalllly!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just have my fingers crossed ....do u by any chance know when they start pulling people out of alternate list .

They pull from the alternate list on a rolling basis. It can happen any day.... now through the first week of class.

i just checked my portal and found out i was accepted too:laugh: Didn't get any e-mail or letter in the mail tho

Hey guys if I start to fill out my financial aid on, let's say, April 30, do you think that the whole process will be over and done with by May 14 (the priority deadline date)? I am asking because I am probably going to have to take out the whole $200,000.

https://online.midwestern.edu/cosig...https://online.midwestern.edu/login/login.cgi If you're accepted, there should be a list of things to complete under "accepted students checklist" :)

Have people who recently found out their acceptance received anything in the mail yet? I'm not sure what to do about financial aid at the moment...is a packet on that being sent too?

My portal changed on Wednesday, and I recieved the letter on Friday. The letter is just about accessing your portal and signing the matriculation agreement and paying the deposit.

Hey guys.....i wanted to know did anyone else here got placed on the alternate list????? also the letter says that the alternate list is not ranked......what does that mean ....how do they pick who to take out of the list first...... i really wanna get in :(

Hey guys.....i wanted to know did anyone else here got placed on the alternate list????? also the letter says that the alternate list is not ranked......what does that mean ....how do they pick who to take out of the list first...... i really wanna get in :(

I'm also on the alternate list and got that letter, and I have no clue what thats supposed to mean... if they don't rank us, then how can they pull from it, randomly?? I think maybe they are just telling us that so that we don't keep calling and asking where we rank haha, but I have no clue :\

I have a feeling midwestern will be pulling a lot of people from their alternate list. I know a lot of people that got accepted to Midwestern and had them as their backup school, including me. I will be turning them down as i might go to UIC and have a backup in Michigan. UIC won't be sending out their decisions till about April 8th, so I expect a lot of people to be getting calls who are on the alternate list. So good luck to those who are on the alternate list. I would personally email Kerry and ask about more information about the alternate list.

so I emailed Kerry on the required laptop situation and this was her reply:

"I do not have all that information but my understanding is that you will
have to purchase the laptop from MWU and you will select a laptop from
a variety of models that have been pre-configured to the meet or exceed
the requirements of each college."

It's good to know we have options! So stoked!

any current students that can tell us how strenuous the quarter system is? do you like it? hate it? things we should know about it?

things move pretty fast (3 months/quarter i believe); it's one of the things that im really taking into consideration when deciding between which school is right for me;

I have a friend that is currently a P1 and he tells me they usually have 2 tests every week. As you can imagine, that's tough! Most people don't like quarter systems because of the large volume of material you are expected to learn in such a short amount of time.

I'm leaving soon to shadow that friend at MWU. Ill post my thoughts on the trip later this evening.

that would be extremely helpful! thank you;

So I shadowed my buddy that is a P1 and I had a great experience. I was nervous at first because I will be out of school for 9 months and I thought the transition back to school would be difficult after such a long time away from the books. I was wrong. The professors really make you understand the material. They definitely do not beat around the bush and have you unsure of what you are supposed to know for exams.

My buddy really likes the quarter system. He says first and last quarter are very stress free, but the 2nd quarter is difficult. During the winter quarter they have about 2 exams every week. As you can imagine, that sounds like a lot of work.

Overall all the students I met were very happy with MWU and it's faculty. MWU seems to have a very strong support system and the faculty and other staff really work with you to get the best grades possible.

:thumbup:

I interviewed on April 7th. What do you guys think my chances are?

Overall GPA: 2.99
Science GPA: 2.98
PCAT: 84% composite
Pharmacy Experience:
1.5 years as a PTCB certified pharmacy technician
various job shadow/work study in hospital pharmacy
Other stuff:

I've done undergrad research and I'm graduating with a BS in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology. I don't have much in terms of volunteering because I had to work a lot during undergrad.

My interview went pretty well. I was certainly the most vocal of the group and didn't get caught off guard by any of the questions. I asked some questions at the end that pertained to Midwestern to show I had knowledge of the school and actually wanted to go there. I also think I did pretty well on the writing portion.

PicardEngage I have similar stats to you, and interviewed at MWU on 4-9. I also got accepted to CSU. any thoughts on that school?.... Are you going to mwu if you get in there? congrats to those who got in.

I have until this weekend to submit my deposit..and i was accepted when ADCOM last met. They might want to wait until then to see how many people accept before they send out more notices? i'll have my fingers crossed for u guys! :xf:

for people who've already decided on CCP and paid the deposit, the process is simply paying through their portal and nothing through regular mail right?

for people who've already decided on CCP and paid the deposit, the process is simply paying through their portal and nothing through regular mail right?

Yes, indeedy! Everything; financial aid, housing, meal plan, health plan waiver if it applies, etc.; is pretty much online-based, besides sending in your immunization things and IL pharm tech license.

Just gave up my seat for fall entrance - good luck to all of you! :luck:

i think you have a pretty good chance. I was accepted a few weeks ago. My overall gpa was 3.1. Science= 2.9. My pcat was 64%. Midwestern seems to be much more understanding than other schools regarding gpa/pcat

I interviewed on April 7th. What do you guys think my chances are?

Overall GPA: 2.99
Science GPA: 2.98
PCAT: 84% composite
Pharmacy Experience:
1.5 years as a PTCB certified pharmacy technician
various job shadow/work study in hospital pharmacy
Other stuff:

I've done undergrad research and I'm graduating with a BS in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology. I don't have much in terms of volunteering because I had to work a lot during undergrad.

My interview went pretty well. I was certainly the most vocal of the group and didn't get caught off guard by any of the questions. I asked some questions at the end that pertained to Midwestern to show I had knowledge of the school and actually wanted to go there. I also think I did pretty well on the writing portion.

does anyone know when the admissions committee will be meeting this month?

I spoke with admissions today ironically.... They told me that there was one more set of interviews at the end of the month. Im guessing the committee will wait until after this last session and just do one final review.

i think you have a pretty good chance. I was accepted a few weeks ago. My overall gpa was 3.1. Science= 2.9. My pcat was 64%. Midwestern seems to be much more understanding than other schools regarding gpa/pcat

When did you submit your app and when did you interview? were you placed on the alternate list first and then accepted? I interviewed Feb. 5th and was placed on the alternate list March 18th. Midwestern is my first choice and I hope I still have a chance.

Overall GPA: 2.9 (last sem 3.5 - not included in pharmcas calculation)
Science/math: 2.9
B.S. in Biology from Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
PCAT: 80%

Also have worked as Pharm. Tech for 2.5 years

Last edited:
don't remember when i submitted my application, but my interview was in march. I wasn't placed on the alternate list. It was definitely a pleasant surprise getting accepted:)

When did you submit your app and when did you interview? were you placed on the alternate list first and then accepted? I interviewed Feb. 5th and was placed on the alternate list March 18th. Midwestern is my first choice and I hope I still have a chance.

Overall GPA: 2.9 (last sem 3.5 - not included in pharmcas calculation)
Science/math: 2.9
B.S. in Biology from Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
PCAT: 80%

Also have worked as Pharm. Tech for 2.5 years

For those who were accepted off the alternate list, what did you do to enhance your application? I've sent in transcripts for coursework I just completed and was wondering if a letter of intent would be a good idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!

For those who were accepted off the alternate list, what did you do to enhance your application? I've sent in transcripts for coursework I just completed and was wondering if a letter of intent would be a good idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!!

I don't think there is much you can do to enhance your application. I haven't heard of anyone doing anything to "enhance" their application. You just have to wait... Good luck!

Hey,
i was taken off of the alternate list in late January and I think it might have helped that I had two extra letters of recommendation sent to Midwestern. I think every little bit helps. I would start with asking for extra LOR's. At least that is what they told me when i called and asked for advice. I am withdrawing from Midwestern so there will be another opening. Forfeiting $900 is hard to swallow ;(, but I am glad with my decision. Good luck to you.

During interviews they said that sending anything that could strengthen your app is a good idea if you are placed on the waitlist. I interviewed mid Dec. and I sent in my CV a few weeks after that with some updated volunteer stuff but found out I was an alternate mid January. Two weeks later I was accepted! That was pretty early in the game though, but good luck!

Anyone knows that whether MWU accept all people from alternate list, or just few of them? I have been on the list since Feb...waiting is so stressful.

If they accept everyone, would it still be necessary to have an alternate list?

the alternate is used in case people drop. It is so obvious that not all people attend the school that accept them if they have multiple acceptance.

Anyone knows that whether MWU accept all people from alternate list, or just few of them? I have been on the list since Feb...waiting is so stressful.

Hi~ I just withdrew my acceptance a week ago so here's a silver lining for the person who's searching for it! Best of luck!

Does anyone know when is the next time their adcom will meet? I interviewed April 7.

I expect to be put on the waiting list since I interviewed so late but I would appreciate notice of whatever decision they make :)

Hi~ I just withdrew my acceptance a week ago so here's a silver lining for the person who's searching for it! Best of luck!

Thank you. I wish I could be able to take that seat.

did anyone who interviewed this month hear from them? i was wondering when the adcom meets this month, because i am still on the wait list :scared:.