Has anyone heard back from Howard University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherryblo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
I was wondering when everyone interviewed for Howard and if they have heard back from them. I interviewed with them May 17th and haven't heard anything..... :luck: ..I know it has been only a week, but it is getting pretty late. The waiting is killing me. I wanted to know if anyone knows when we should expect to hear from them. Has anyone heard anything about Howard's situation, now? Thanks for all your input.

Members don't see this ad.

I called them yesterday and Mathew said it would take about at least 3-4 weeks. about a month.... Also, I looked at the AACP website and realized that Howard is still on probation.

cherryblo said:
HI,
I was wondering when everyone interviewed for Howard and if they have heard back from them. I interviewed with them May 17th and haven't heard anything..... :luck: ..I know it has been only a week, but it is getting pretty late. The waiting is killing me. I wanted to know if anyone knows when we should expect to hear from them. Has anyone heard anything about Howard's situation, now? Thanks for all your input.

Honestly, I pretty much gave up on Howard. For 5 months, I received no correspondence from them and then boom, they sent out a generic email last week saying they are still reviewing all files and that they are slow due to the huge number of applications they received this year. That's BS cuz I'm sure other schools got the same number of apps if not more.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious...how many people are waiting on both Howard and Hampton? :confused:

since they refused to pick up calls, i sent out an email to Ms Celia William fowlkes and she replied saying it would take 5-7weeks. I sincerely do not believe its going to take that long because 7 weeks means july and school starts off in august so technically that's "untrue." we should hear back from them before that, let's say in the next 2 weeks. sincerely the waiting thing is killing , but as per how many student they're admitting, my interviewer told me they're going for around 70 students. So let us wait patiently till we hear back from them. good luck guys.

pharm4mayor said:
since they refused to pick up calls, i sent out an email to Ms Celia William fowlkes and she replied saying it would take 5-7weeks. I sincerely do not believe its going to take that long because 7 weeks means july and school starts off in august so technically that's "untrue." we should hear back from them before that, let's say in the next 2 weeks. sincerely the waiting thing is killing , but as per how many student they're admitting, my interviewer told me they're going for around 70 students. So let us wait patiently till we hear back from them. good luck guys.

Some of my friend got acceptance call and letters on July last year. Since they conducted interview much later than last year, it would take much longer. I guess possibly we might even be able to have acceptange letter on august.

Guys, I called the person who interviewed me at Howard today since he gave me his card, he told me he is a member of the adcom and they already made decision on the may 17th students that interviewed. He said that there were 57 students that interviewed on the 17th of may and in total they have about 70-something, the only thing remaining is for the recruitment office to contact accepted students. Also he'd told me that he received an email that Ms celia William Fowlkes, Mr matthew Kerr are out of town till friday. So guys, lets see if we will hear back from them next week. so i wish you all favor as we all wait.

Do you know how many people interviewed in total? Wow 70 something people.....my interviewer told me 50 - 60 and a friend of mine's interviewer told her 50, but I'm happy they accepted more! Good luck to everyone and I hope we hear shortly. :)

Who did you interview with? They told me I was to interview with Dr. Andrews but I was so nervous I wasn't sure if my actual interviewer was Dr. Andrews, then I went on Howard's website to look up her contact information and there was no Dr. andrews under faculty. :confused:

cherryblo said:
Who did you interview with? They told me I was to interview with Dr. Andrews but I was so nervous I wasn't sure if my actual interviewer was Dr. Andrews, then I went on Howard's website to look up her contact information and there was no Dr. andrews under faculty. :confused:

I actually interviewed with Dr Karodeh, you know what? I called again today and I spoke with Mr Matthew Kerr. I'd thought he was not around as I was told but anyway lo and behold Mr kerr picked up his phone after a long time and he actually told me they have started notifying students by sending out letters. I asked him when did they start that, and he said he was not in a position to disclose that. though its not easy waiting but I believe we can all do as they Lord strengthens. Ok, good luck to you all.

Wow, It is really difficult to receive a straight answer around there. Do you know if they will contact people by phone, email, mail or all of the above? I wish everyone the best and good luck.

cherryblo said:
Wow, It is really difficult to receive a straight answer around there. Do you know if they will contact people by phone, email, mail or all of the above? I wish everyone the best and good luck.
yeah, its quite difficult getting a straight word from them , from what they told me on the phone, they are contacting students by letters, but reading from the precious posts of those who got in earlier, they were called and then an official letter came in later in the mail. so lets see how they're going about things this time around. all the best.

pharm4mayor said:
yeah, its quite difficult getting a straight word from them , from what they told me on the phone, they are contacting students by letters, but reading from the precious posts of those who got in earlier, they were called and then an official letter came in later in the mail. so lets see how they're going about things this time around. all the best.

Do you know how many people they interviewed so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
comet81 said:
Do you know how many people they interviewed so far?
after the may 17th interview, i actually do not know if they interviewed any other person.

Hello, everyone
Has anyone heard from Howard yet? I feel idiot because I spend my time waiting pheone call.

comet81 said:
Hello, everyone
Has anyone heard from Howard yet? I feel idiot because I spend my time waiting pheone call.

I believe in the determined universe theory. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, life still goes on, except on a some what different route. I also interviewed on May 17th, and I am expecting to hear from them by a letter. I give myself a 20% chance of getting in, besides my bad GPA, I believe that my personal statement will alienate some people on the adcom. :D

Good luck :luck:

I just called Howard today and I was heard that there might be some delay on the final determination. I was heard that total number of coming semester would be 70-80 and about 20 people were selected from May 17th interview.

comet81 said:
I just called Howard today and I was heard that there might be some delay on the final determination. I was heard that total number of coming semester would be 70-80 and about 20 people were selected from May 17th interview.

I was heard :p , not once but twice, wow, thats funny! sorry I could not resist that one! :D

I just got a letter in the mail today saying that I am on the "Wait List"
:( ....anyone else??? Does anyone know the chances of people on the Wait List actually getting in? :confused: Good luck to everyone!

pharm4mayor said:

I have been trying to email her, but no reply!

Wow, congratulations. I spoke with her yesterday and also with Mr Kerr today but nothing really tangible from that conversation. I really pray and hope I receive a letter tommorrow too.

cherryblo said:
:( ....anyone else??? Does anyone know the chances of people on the Wait List actually getting in? :confused: Good luck to everyone!

I have a friend who applied last year. She had interview on February last year but she was on the "wait list'. Then, she received a call and package of acceptance on July. CheeryBlo, the first thing you have to do is to contact Howard one more time and ask what status in waiting list you are in. Then, you can decide what you can do.

cherryblo said:
I have been trying to email her, but no reply!
Cherryblo, you probably wondered why i said congratulations though you're on a waitlist, I vehemently believe you have a chance of getting in because some applicants will turn down Howard because of their present probation status, so just as comet81 said, give them a call and ask them where you stand on the waiting list. I wish you all the best.

cherryblo said:

I received a wait list letter yesterday, too. Cherryblo did yours say you will be notified no later than 8/24? To me that just makes no sense when classes start 8/27, especially given how unorganized they have been. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who interviewed on May 17 is on the wait list.

I sent an email to them to find out where I stand on the wait list ... highly doubt I will receive a reply.

pharm4mayor said:
Cherryblo, you probably wondered why i said congratulations though you're on a waitlist, I vehemently believe you have a chance of getting in because some applicants will turn down Howard because of their present probation status, so just as comet81 said, give them a call and ask them where you stand on the waiting list. I wish you all the best.
Have you received anything from Howard? I just checked mail but nothing was there. I am just wondering if it is good sign or not.

Sppars said:
I received a wait list letter yesterday, too. Cherryblo did yours say you will be notified no later than 8/24? To me that just makes no sense when classes start 8/27, especially given how unorganized they have been. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who interviewed on May 17 is on the wait list.

I sent an email to them to find out where I stand on the wait list ... highly doubt I will receive a reply.

Yes, mine said the same thing. I remember at the interview there was a pharmacy student there who said she wasn't accepted off the wait list until a week before school started and she was moving from Chicago......I don't know what to do! Lets keep our fingers cross that we hear soon.

there were so many people at the interview on May 17 ( someone said 57 people). Someone at Howard told Comet81 that they accepted 10-20 people from May 17th interview. I wonder if everyone else is on the wait list or did anyone get rejected......I wonder.

I tried to call Howard...I tried like three numbers and no one answered and I left a message....I emailed them a few days ago about when I should expect to hear back from them, but of course no one replied....maybe I should email again....I think I'm going crazy! What am I going to do?

Good Luck to all

pharm4mayor said:

I was really down about being on the wait list, but I truely hope you are right. Thanks for your encouragement. I wish you all the best as well.

comet81 said:
Have you received anything from Howard? I just checked mail but nothing was there. I am just wondering if it is good sign or not.
Comet 81, I also got on the "wait list " today. I have not lost hope at all, I believe I will get in eventually , its not just coming as quickly as others but I strongly believe am about to have the congratulations letter in my hands. Well, if you have not received any letter from them yet, hope its going to be a good one. DONT LOSE HOPE at all. I guess i just have to keep my fingers crossed untill I hear from them. For those who also got the letter, are you not surprised that the letter was dated may 30th and we were kept in the dark untill now. The letter says we will be notified by August 24th the latest- 3 days to resumption.... I pray it does not take that long, but guys if you think and believe you really want to be in Howard, lets keep trusting God that we will get there eventually. I wish you all favor as we patiently wait untill our names are taken off the waitlist.

I hope it is a good sign, Comet 81. Since no one received accpetance call or letter from May 17th interview, I am sure we will be heard by next week.

Has anyone who had interview other than may, 17th received acceptance letter from Howard? I am so frustrated by their inconvenience and delays.

:confused: I was wondering if anyone was accepted and how long do you have to notify them of your decision. Has anyone gotten in touch with anyone at Howard and found out where they are on on the wait list? Also does anyone know how long the wait list is? I try to call them to ask these questions but I can never get them and no one replies to emails.

cherryblo said:
:confused: I was wondering if anyone was accepted and how long do you have to notify them of your decision. Has anyone gotten in touch with anyone at Howard and found out where they are on on the wait list? Also does anyone know how long the wait list is? I try to call them to ask these questions but I can never get them and no one replies to emails.
I talked to Ms. Smith yesterday. She told me that she recommended us to plan for next year coz they only select 70 students. From now on, I will plan for next year and I will not apply howard.

I called Mr kerr on his number today but there is another lady using it now. She told me that those who were put on the wait list will hear from them latest before mid july, like july 15th . We should be expecting to hear between now and mid july. So I guess we should neglect the date they wrote in the letter. Also, they are notifying all students at the same time and their wait list is not numbered . Therefore, its not possible for you to know what number you are, on the wait list. Well, its pretty difficult waiting for uncertainty but I just still belief within me that it will still work out , that's why am still optimistic at this point. So for those of us still interested in this school, let's keep waiting and see what happens . Though the lady said there is no guarantee of getting in, that's obvious though since its a wait list.
So guys, I just thought of hinting you guys and if any one here heard anything should also let us know.

pharm4mayor said:
I called Mr kerr on his number today but there is another lady using it now. She told me that those who were put on the wait list will hear from them latest before mid july, like july 15th . We should be expecting to hear between now and mid july. So I guess we should neglect the date they wrote in the letter. Also, they are notifying all students at the same time and their wait list is not numbered . Therefore, its not possible for you to know what number you are, on the wait list. Well, its pretty difficult waiting for uncertainty but I just still belief within me that it will still work out , that's why am still optimistic at this point. So for those of us still interested in this school, let's keep waiting and see what happens . Though the lady said there is no guarantee of getting in, that's obvious though since its a wait list.
So guys, I just thought of hinting you guys and if any one here heard anything should also let us know.
Thanks for the information. I really want to know how many people are on the wait list...it is so hard not knowing where we are on the list! Yesterday, A friend of a friend's sister, got accepted off the wait list and she interviewed on May 17th....so I really don't know what to think. Howard is currently still under probation and if someone got accepted to Howard and another school that isn't on probation more than likely they will choose the other school. So hopefully from now until mid July we should hear something. I really hope that that something is good :luck: . I am trying to be optimistic, but I also want to plan for next year...this is such a confusing time. I hope that everyone that still wants to go to Howard has a chance. :)

cherryblo said:
Thanks for the information. I really want to know how many people are on the wait list...it is so hard not knowing where we are on the list! Yesterday, A friend of a friend's sister, got accepted off the wait list and she interviewed on May 17th....so I really don't know what to think. Howard is currently still under probation and if someone got accepted to Howard and another school that isn't on probation more than likely they will choose the other school. So hopefully from now until mid July we should hear something. I really hope that that something is good :luck: . I am trying to be optimistic, but I also want to plan for next year...this is such a confusing time. I hope that everyone that still wants to go to Howard has a chance. :)

I finally got rejection letter from Howard. I was on wait list as you are. Well, good luck.

Well, its getting more frightful now. From what apple84 said, s/he has been denied admission off the wait list, and cherryblo is also saying a friend got off the waitlist yesterday with an acceptance. So let's hope something will come through very soon but am still quite optimistic. Apple84, when did you receive the letter and cheryblo when did she receive the letter. Please let me hear from you. This is not easy at all. Good luck to you all.

Ok guys, I just spoke with Ms william Fowlkes right now and she said they have not even touched those on the wait list. I asked her to advice me whether to wait or not and she said she cant, that the only advice is to ensure everything neccessary is made available as per classes i guess. I asked if I could know my number on the waitlist and she said the adcomm has not numbered the applicants on the list but they do have enough people to fill in if students decline their admission. I also asked if students are decling the offers and she said yes. Just wanted to update you because these are mixed answers all over. Infact she also added that students will still be hearing up till the day of their orientation which is the 23rd of august and yesterday, another lady said we will hear by mid july.
Apple 84 also said s/he was pulled off the wait list for a rejection. Please Apple84 when did you receive the denial letter and when did you receive the wait list letter. thanks for replying. I am just trying to plan ahead. I made this known to Ms Fowlkes that one does not even know how to plan ahead . But if anyone has another information please let us know. I wish you all favor.

pharm4mayor said:
Ok guys, I just spoke with Ms william Fowlkes right now and she said they have not even touched those on the wait list. I asked her to advice me whether to wait or not and she said she cant, that the only advice is to ensure everything neccessary is made available as per classes i guess. I asked if I could know my number on the waitlist and she said the adcomm has not numbered the applicants on the list but they do have enough people to fill in if students decline their admission. I also asked if students are decling the offers and she said yes. Just wanted to update you because these are mixed answers all over. Infact she also added that students will still be hearing up till the day of their orientation which is the 23rd of august and yesterday, another lady said we will hear by mid july.
Apple 84 also said s/he was pulled off the wait list for a rejection. Please Apple84 when did you receive the denial letter and when did you receive the wait list letter. thanks for replying. I am just trying to plan ahead. I made this known to Ms Fowlkes that one does not even know how to plan ahead . But if anyone has another information please let us know. I wish you all favor.

It is so hard that we keep getting this conflicting information. I believe but I'm not certain that the wait listed person that got accepted whom I talked about earlier was notified by a phone call. I don't understand how they are rejecting or accepting people already off the wait list if the wait list isn't numbered? I am also trying to plan ahead. Please keep updating. I wish all the best.

Howard is on probation anyway, you guys better apply to Maryland if you don't get in this year, my piece of advice

I'm sorry for the missinformation. I just called my friend to verify how the friend of a friend's sister got the acceptace notification and she told me that she never received a wait list letter but called and they told her that she was on the wait list, but then received the acceptance letter two days ago, so she may or may not have been on the wait list.