Has anyone heard back from University of Melbourne DVM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Estherson

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently submitted my application for DVM class of 2021 at the University of Melbourne around a week ago. I can't wait to hear back from them! I was curious if they have released some of the decisions already. Please let me know if any of you guys already heard back from them and also how long after the submission of application that they made the decisions. Thanks~! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I applied the first week of September and just received my acceptance letter on Monday!

I applied the first week of September and just received my acceptance letter on Monday!

Wow cogratulations :)!
I submitted mine on the 25th of October which was a month and a half later then I expected as my vet waited till the last moment to write a letter for me :(
Since international admissions are based on a rolling system, mine should come way later then haha. Mine is still being reviewed for completeness!! I can't wait lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting to hear back about my application too, have you heard anything yet?
Mine is also still being reviewed for completeness! Making me so anxious haha

Zandn and anyone else coming to Melb Uni for a 2017 DVM start please pm me, I'm a local student who just got accepted and I'm starting a FB page for the Class of 2020 so we can get to know eachother online before meeting at the end of Feb.

Zandn and anyone else coming to Melb Uni for a 2017 DVM start please pm me, I'm a local student who just got accepted and I'm starting a FB page for the Class of 2020 so we can get to know eachother online before meeting at the end of Feb.
Unfortunately I'm not accepting my offer! I'll be going to school in the US. Wish you all the best of luck, though!

And... 2 months later the status still says "Assessment pending". I heard the visa process takes 3-4 weeks!

Hi guys! Sorry I did not follow up on this thread. The application status is misleading: mine went straight from being reviewed for completeness to acceptance. I would email them and see when they are releasing the decisions :) My visa process took 2 weeks? maybe? You just have to get the health check cleared out of the way as soon as possible!

Either way I don't think I'll be joining you at Melbourne :(
I deferred my other offer at Murdoch and can't defer the Melbourne one even if I get accepted.
I'll be remaining at work in the US for the time being, save some money before heading off to Australia.
Good luck in vet school!

Either way I don't think I'll be joining you at Melbourne :(
I deferred my other offer at Murdoch and can't defer the Melbourne one even if I get accepted.
I'll be remaining at work in the US for the time being, save some money before heading off to Australia.
Good luck in vet school!

Thank you and good luck to you too! Hope to see you next year :) Feel free to ask me any questions if you happen to have one later on.

Hey everyone, I'm a Canadian student interested in applying to vet school in Australia. I recently applied to Sydney, but was rejected. Would anyone mind sharing their successful stats, like GPA and experience? I'm trying to gauge if I would be a competitive applicant to Melbourne. Thanks!

And... 2 months later the status still says "Assessment pending". I heard the visa process takes 3-4 weeks!

How long did it take for Melbourne to get back to you? I'm in a similar situation now, it's been about 2 months with "assessment pending". I'm in the applicant pool for 2018 entry as an international student from the US.

How long did it take for Melbourne to get back to you? I'm in a similar situation now, it's been about 2 months with "assessment pending". I'm in the applicant pool for 2018 entry as an international student from the US.

Hey edm23 have you heard back yet? I am in the same boat as you - applied over 9 weeks ago now and need to reply to a different program, but waiting to hear back from melbourne. I'm an international student from Canada.