Has anyone heard from AZCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flightmedic

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you with sec. applications at AZCOM still waiting for a response? And for those of you that have interviewed recently, what is the status of the availible seats left?

Members don't see this ad.

AZCOM had received my secondary in early march. I had just received a wierd rejection that said they were no longer extending invites to interview as they are in the process of filling up their class. The letter did not say anything about my stats not meeting their requirements and the amount of competitive applicants. Basically, I think that they were trying to tell me that I applied too late...They said they look forward to seeing my application next year and to apply EARLY!

That's my $0.02.

My application was complete there in late November, and I still haven't heard anything from them. I know that they interviewed last week and this week, but I haven't heard anything about interview dates later then that. So I don't know why they haven't sent anything. It's very strange and when you call the admissions office they won't tell you anything except that you should hear something in 2 weeks. Let us all know if you do hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jennyw17,
I have frequently called the admission office and I too received the same reply, I don't know what to think about that...jenny!

Part of the problem is that AZCOM stops interviewing in EARLY November and doesn't start up again until March, so I imagine there's a big backlog of people who had applied before the November cut-off.

I got my application in by mid-October and just made the cut...they had one date for me, and said that if I wasn't able to make it they would schedule me for an April interview. If any of you do apply next year, I'd recommend having everything in well before October if at all possible. After a few unsuccessful attempts applying the first time around, I can testify to the fact that applying early seems to do as much for your application as a few extra points on MCAT or GPA, and is a lot easier to achieve!

I agree with Luke. I filled out my secondary and sent it in (as well as my LORs) within a week of receiving it. Though I had a pretty good MCAT and GPA, I think that sending my app in early helped a lot. I was interviewed in the first group of people and received an acceptance letter in less than 2-weeks. They said at my interview that early applications have an advantage. So for this one thing, I would definitely recommend not procrastinating.

Good Luck.

I hope I can help some of you with your interview questions. I interviewed at AZCOM on Friday 04/04. When I recieved my invitation, the letter gave 7 available interview dates between 04/04 and 04/14. Mr. Walker in Admissions told our group that the class was nearly full and that there was only about 35 seats remaining with just over 100 interviewee's in that two week span(04/04-04/14). He said that final decisions would be made on 04/18. You can infer what you want, but I think it's filling up fast. I was surprised by the caliber of interviewees in our group. Most of them, myself included, simply applied late but had excellent credentials with multiple acceptances at other schools. My guess is they will review the numbers again after 4/18 and interview more if needed. Regardless, don't lose hope! Good luck.

Hey, sorry this response is coming a little late. I just interviewed there last Friday. I think their last interview days were yesterday (monday). Anyway, I was in the same boat--sent in my secondary around October and didn't hear anything from them. I finally started calling the admissions office about every week to find out what was going on. The secretary couldn't tell me anything, so I then started asking for an admissions counselor--same thing: wait another two weeks, you're on the waitlist to get an interview. Finally, last week, I called and told them I really wanted to interview there before their interviews ended and that I would be willing to drive there the day before to be able to interview. He said he'd call me right back. He called me about 5 minutes later and said there was one slot available on Friday. So, I drove down there the night before and interviewed. It was a little frustrating to wait for so many months to finally be able to interview there. They told us there were about 30 seats available among about 100 interviews.

I'm not sure if they'll interview again this year; it would definately be worth your time to call them and find out.