Has anyone heard from Cornell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serge23

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...

Im just wondering who has heard from Cornell in regards to interviews? I received an e-mail from them on August 7th saying that my application was complete. It has been over 2 months since I last heard from them. I want to call them and check my status, but Im not sure of that is a good idea. I dont know if they are slow and it usually takes a while to hear from them, so does anyone have any info to share?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed there two weeks ago. they're pretty slow since they dont interview a ton of people and are pretty selective of who they're going to bring in. no need to fret, they aren't on rolling admissions really. According to their admissions staff correspondence, they only apparently will let in maybe a handful of superstar applicants early, but they pretty much pick their entire class in March.

my app's been complete since aug 14, and i haven't heard anything from them either. i'd be very surprised if i get an interview there especially since i screwed up one of the secondary questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Veilside
my app's been complete since aug 14, and i haven't heard anything from them either. i'd be very surprised if i get an interview there especially since i screwed up one of the secondary questions. [/QUOTE

just curious how did u screw up the secondary question, if I recall correctly, weren't they opinion based?

Originally posted by vm26

just curious how did u screw up the secondary question, if I recall correctly, weren't they opinion based?

welp, one of the questions was "indicate the reasons for you applying to Weill Medical College." i just wrote down why i'm applying to medical school in general, and not specifically why Cornell. i know i know, fuc*kin stupid, but i was working on a lot of secondaries that particular day, and got mixed up i guess. oh well.

Originally posted by Veilside
welp, one of the questions was "indicate the reasons for you applying to Weill Medical College." i just wrote down why i'm applying to medical school in general, and not specifically why Cornell. i know i know, fuc*kin stupid, but i was working on a lot of secondaries that particular day, and got mixed up i guess. oh well.

well u never know, maybe whoever's reading your secondary will be a bit burnt out as well and wont think its a big deal. I hate that type of question anyway, I'm dealing with it right now on Sinai's secondary which thank God, is my last one :D

Originally posted by serge23
Hey everyone...

Im just wondering who has heard from Cornell in regards to interviews? I received an e-mail from them on August 7th saying that my application was complete. It has been over 2 months since I last heard from them. I want to call them and check my status, but Im not sure of that is a good idea. I dont know if they are slow and it usually takes a while to hear from them, so does anyone have any info to share?

Thanks!

Yup, they're slow, but they're worth waiting for. :D I got an e-mail in early Sept. that my file was complete, and an interview invite about a month later but I KNOW my file was complete a lot earlier than Sept. I think the e-mail thing may be a little random, so I bet you're fine.

Has anyone else out there heard from Cornell recently? :confused:

My MD/PhD app went complete a little after the dead line (Oct 15). I got an interview maybe a week later...
a girl I met on the interview circuit has got an interview this friday... I think they're just getting started.
does anyone know what percentage of students interviewed are accepted?

Originally posted by DarkChild
My MD/PhD app went complete a little after the dead line (Oct 15). I got an interview maybe a week later...
a girl I met on the interview circuit has got an interview this friday... I think they're just getting started.
does anyone know what percentage of students interviewed are accepted?

I've heard that they interviewed 781 last year, our of 5, 766... sources: MSAR, other sources.

accepted 213 for a class of 101.

781/5766= 13.54%
213/781= 27.3%
101/781= 12.9%

Thanks guys! :)