Has anyone heard from Hopkins recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msu_doc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called last week and supposedly the admissions committee met Tuesday or Wednesday last week. They said that letters are sent out to everyone who was reviewed in the meeting. Has anyone heard from them since then. Just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

Im in the same boat. what dates are being reviewed now??

Hey guys - your application is not always reviewed at the meeting after your interview date. If you really want to know, I think you can ask the people in the admissions office if your application has been reviewed yet, but don't worry if you haven't gotten a phone call. If you haven't heard anything, you are still in the running. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
yup... I hear from them everyday...maybe thats because I am there nearly everyday.

Interview Oct. 3

REJECTION LETTER dated Nov. 24

interviewed in late sept

rejected this past week

everyone who interviews there is placed on an alternate list, right?

Originally posted by NotChoCheez!
Interview Oct. 3

REJECTION LETTER dated Nov. 24

Yeah, a friend of mine familiar with the admissions office told me that this year, more than any recent year, Hopkins is going to be rejecting many more applicants post-interview. Apparently they're having a record number of applications this cycle. So it's not looking too good for the rest of us. :(

TF

interviewed October 3
got the damn rejection letter this friday

Is it bad news if they haven't even offered an interview yet?

-Sean

Originally posted by TheFlash
Yeah, a friend of mine familiar with the admissions office told me that this year, more than any recent year, Hopkins is going to be rejecting many more applicants post-interview. Apparently they're having a record number of applications this cycle. So it's not looking too good for the rest of us. :(

TF

Did you get a "rejection letter" or a letter that said you're on the alternate list? I was under the impression that Hopkins doesn't "reject" anyone, but instead keeps everyone waiting indefinitely....

Originally posted by klooless
Did you get a "rejection letter" or a letter that said you're on the alternate list? I was under the impression that Hopkins doesn't "reject" anyone, but instead keeps everyone waiting indefinitely....

you're right, we're all going to be placed on the alternate list and they rank that sometime next year. the bottom third of the class will be rejected and the top two thirds forms the waiting list

it sucks that some of us r placed on a waiting list, at this point, to be rejected later on. i wish they would make decisions right away

Originally posted by klooless

Right, all applicants that are interviewed and not accepted should initially be put on the alternate list. I was indicating that I heard this year there are going to be more applicants that eventually get rejected from that list than in the past application cycle.

TF

Originally posted by TheFlash
I heard this year there are going to be more applicants that eventually get rejected from that list than in the past application cycle

Poke around on the web long enough and you'll find students who have studied AMCAS application trends. Number of applicants is a cyclic process, and the trend suggests that one of the next two or three years is going to be a peak.

Originally posted by rackd8ball
did anyone get in from 10/3?

Why, you did, you silly goose! Are you hanging around to see if you're the only one? Because so far--you are!

Congrats, btw!

there's still alot of time left
i think (i'm not sure) that they interview till feb/march

hi guys,
My roomate just got into Hopkins and she was interviewed in October. I also interviewed in October, but no news from them yet.