Has anyone heard from Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimesx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard from everyone except Boston (which i hear is always late), Pitt, and Maryland. Maryland is my top choice so i'm wondering if anyone has gotten any notice from them for supplementals or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard from Maryland (the state where people get marry) either. Did you submit your application fee? It's still early in the game, so don't stress out too much.

Yea I turned in the application fee last week so I guess all we can do is just wait after that.. Does anyone know when maryland usually starts contacting you. Are they usually early or late or what?

Members don't see this ad :)
Please be aware the Office of Admissions is finishing the 2008 admissions cycle,
planning for our upcoming class’s arrival and taking well-deserved vacations. If you
have submitted your application for the 2009 cycle, you will not be contacted by our
office until later in the summer. We do not begin extending invitations for interviews
until late August or early September. If you have questions regarding your 2009
application, we would request that you contact our office after August 1, 2008. Have a
great summer!
-The Office of Admissions

taken from http://www.dental.umaryland.edu/admissions/dds/FAQ2008.pdf

I've heard from everyone except Boston (which i hear is always late), Pitt, and Maryland. Maryland is my top choice so i'm wondering if anyone has gotten any notice from them for supplementals or anything?

UPitt want some green from me.

Yeah, it looks like UPitt sent out a mass email today. . . I'm pretty sure that's my first contact from them.

What??? I did not receive an email from them! I have sent everything to them that they asked for. Maybe they didn't like me....

got an email from maryland today that they received my application.

anyone?

Likewise. Maryland emailed me today as well.

GBJ

Yeah I received an email today saying they have my fee and AADSAS and that it will be forwarded to the admissions committee. Which is weird, b/c they don't have my DAT scores yet???.......i'm taking the test the 29th.

yeah, i will be taking dat next week.

good luck to you too drhoya

i got emails from pitt and maryland saying that my application is complete and will be forwarded to the admissions committee but haven't heard from boston either

got an emailing saying that my application was hold for not having dat score.

and they told me to fax dat score soon.

does anyone have similar response?

Yeah I received an email today saying they have my fee and AADSAS and that it will be forwarded to the admissions committee. Which is weird, b/c they don't have my DAT scores yet???.......i'm taking the test the 29th.

I write dat in aug - so maryland said they're putting my AP on hold

i got emails from pitt and maryland saying that my application is complete and will be forwarded to the admissions committee but haven't heard from boston either

Does it say specifically that your application is complete...coz all i got is this

Thank you for applying to the University of Maryland Dental School. Your application has been received and will be forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review.

Our office will contact you if we require additional information. Thank you for applying to the University of Maryland!

But nothing about if my application is complete or not...:confused::confused:

Yeah I also got that email 7/18. I then called them yesterday and they said they still don't have my DAT scores, which should be there any day. So that email does not mean that your application is complete. Just that they have your application and your fee.

Did you guys send out a $75 check to Maryland? I got an email from them earlier this month said that they received my appl. but they didn't ask for money or anything, not even a 2ndary. And then I got another email from them today and said that I need to send out a $75 check if not my appl will not be reviewed. Have you guys had the same situation?

Did you guys send out a $75 check to Maryland? I got an email from them earlier this month said that they received my appl. but they didn't ask for money or anything, not even a 2ndary. And then I got another email from them today and said that I need to send out a $75 check if not my appl will not be reviewed. Have you guys had the same situation?

If you're waiting for each of your schools to contact you before you send the fees in, you may want to check out the supplemental info page on AADSAS.

https://portal.aadsasweb.org/aadsas2009/supplemental/ins_designations_supp.htm

Most schools expect you to send the app fee in when you submit your AADSAS.