Has Anyone Heard From Meharry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeachLuvr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering...ClevelandDDS, long time no word. Any good news from this school yet?

Members don't see this ad.

What's good BeachLuvr?
I haven't heard anything from Meharry...but I was planning to call them this week to see what's going on. Congrats Shaka! I only hope that they hurry and give me an interview...I'm dying from the suspense. Did you get that invite by phone or mail? Any interviews for you Beach? Good luck. I'm praying for you!

BeachLuvr said:
Just wondering...ClevelandDDS, long time no word. Any good news from this school yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, by the grace of God alone, I've got 2 so far...Houston and Baylor. You? How's it lookin' on your side? Hope all is well. Waiting on Meharry as well, haven't heard from them in a good bit :rolleyes:

clevelandDDS said:
What's good BeachLuvr?
I haven't heard anything from Meharry...but I was planning to call them this week to see what's going on. Congrats Shaka! I only hope that they hurry and give me an interview...I'm dying from the suspense. Did you get that invite by phone or mail? Any interviews for you Beach? Good luck. I'm praying for you!

Both... I'm sure that you will get an interview very soon. After I conduct my interview next week I will answer any questions that you may have. I wish the both of you the best!

Nothing yet Beach...but I'm waiting patiently. Hopefully we will both get an invite soon.

Shaka...post your interview on the interview thread..We are proud of you. God Bless.

Shaka...whatcha' know good? I hope all went well, too. ClevelandDDS, keep a girl posted as soon as you hear :p Seven more weeks to go...something great's bound to happen :rolleyes:

Beachluvr

what about howard, anybody hear anything from them??? im still waiting

omar

omaralt said:

omar

I'm still waiting on them as well. But they are now interviewing. Someone recently posted interview feedback from them. I think they started interviewing two weeks ago.

omaralt said:

omar

Hello all....I have not heard anything from Howard as of yet. I haven't even received a letter stating that they received my application. Has anyone received any correspondence from them??

ha ya man, they suck and are sooo unprofessional.. i've called and left at least two messages with the secreatary to have the admissions lady call me back ,and they never do. their website sucks, and i've gotten an interview at EVERY school i applied too so far except them. if they give me an interview i'll prob mail it back to them, and ask them for a refund for my $45...

omar

ShakaZulu said:
Hello all....I have not heard anything from Howard as of yet. I haven't even received a letter stating that they received my application. Has anyone received any correspondence from them??

I received a card for receipt of application a few weeks after ADEA sent them my stuff. They requested my recent DAT scores and $45 application fee. I haven't heard anything since. I really want to go there, I don't know what's taking so long. Beach, did you apply there?

i actually finally was able to talk to Ms Randall today, and she told me that i've been scheduled for an interview for nov. 15. i still havent recieved anything from them yet, but she said i should recieve the interview packet real soon.

omar

Members don't see this ad :)
Cleaveland:

No, I didn't apply to Howard...although, probably shoulda. The purse strings were getting pulled a bit tight. Man, this waiting business is somethin' else. Crazy enough to put someone in the nut house :laugh:

Keep me posted :)

Beach

BeachLuvr said:
Cleaveland:

No, I didn't apply to Howard...although, probably shoulda. The purse strings were getting pulled a bit tight. Man, this waiting business is somethin' else. Crazy enough to put someone in the nut house :laugh:

Keep me posted :)

Beach

Beach,
Wait until I get an interview, them we'll talk about my purse been tight or should I say hollow? Southwest will be my best friend :laugh:

I'll holla.

Hi all:
My aadsas application won't get to my dental schools until probably the start of november. I was wondering if at Meharry what was the secondary application was like...did you have to write a new personal statment or do something extra? I'm just worried that if I do get any response that I will have to do it really fast before December 1st!
thanks much

Denty...it's cake. You'll get an email telling you the good folks at Meharry are reviewing your application :) Then, it'll give you the link to the website...where the secondary is, and where you can see what's up with your application. Fill out some quick fill-in-the-blankers and then an essay about why you, why Meharry. You'll be fine :thumbup:

BeachLuvr said:
Denty...it's cake. You'll get an email telling you the good folks at Meharry are reviewing your application :) Then, it'll give you the link to the website...where the secondary is, and where you can see what's up with your application. Fill out some quick fill-in-the-blankers and then an essay about why you, why Meharry. You'll be fine :thumbup:

Thanks!

omaralt said:
i actually finally was able to talk to Ms Randall today, and she told me that i've been scheduled for an interview for nov. 15. i still havent recieved anything from them yet, but she said i should recieve the interview packet real soon.

omar

Omaralt,
Post your invite in the interview thread. Best of luck!
BTW, would you mind sharing your stats?

hey sure, my states are:

overall gpa 3.6
science and bcp: 3.5

DAT: AA- 21 PAT- 15 TS- 20

I got an interview ! Praise the Lord

Shaka, how long do you have to respond with a interview date? My computer wouldn't let me open the interview letter with the details...just the response letter and like location info. I've emailed the admissions lady, but once again it didn't work
Thx,
beach

BeachLuvr said:
Shaka, how long do you have to respond with a interview date? My computer wouldn't let me open the interview letter with the details...just the response letter and like location info. I've emailed the admissions lady, but once again it didn't work
Thx,
beach

I did not have a certain date to reply (the letter stated that I should respond immediately) but I called as soon as possible. Contact Mrs. Stephens by phone to confirm the interview. I sent you a private message with all of the details.

BeachLuvr said:
I got an interview ! Praise the Lord
Congrats Beach! I'm happy for you. My application is on hold there until I get this quarter's grades and re-take DAT. I'm still trying to remain faithful though :)

You can do it Cleveland :) You too, denty...the more I hear about it and read up on it and so on...the more interested I become. Figuring out which school is best is going to be...something else. So many fantastic choices. Can't wait to see what Meharry...and Nashville...have to offer.

Best wishes to you all ~

P.S. Shaka...I called Delicia...too sweet for words! She was very helpful...as were you. Thanks a lot

Beach

Delicia is real cool. She was very honest with me and told me what I've gotta do. Best of luck on your interview, Beach! Keep me in your prayers and I'm doing the same!

BeachLuvr said:
You can do it Cleveland :) You too, denty...the more I hear about it and read up on it and so on...the more interested I become. Figuring out which school is best is going to be...something else. So many fantastic choices. Can't wait to see what Meharry...and Nashville...have to offer.

Best wishes to you all ~

P.S. Shaka...I called Delicia...too sweet for words! She was very helpful...as were you. Thanks a lot

Beach

I got the secondary over the weekend!! I was so happy! so im filling it out now....how long after sending your secondary did you hear from them? thanks!

mmm about a month

Congrats Beach; I know u wanted this one & I am so000 happy for u. (You gave me my shove when I needed one & any new interviews I get, I think "thanks,Beach.")

Holden :p Thanks, mamas. I'm super-ly excited! I'm really glad to hear things are really looking up for you :rolleyes: Don't ever sell your self short :) Ya way too tall for that.

~Beachluvr~