SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Has anyone heard from NYMC?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Los Angeles
    My application has been under review since september and still no news from them..have you heard anything if so how? should I give them a call or email them? thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina 10+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2002
    New York
    You should definately give them another call to see where you stand. I called them this week after waiting for 3 months to hear if I am rejection or getting an interview. In any case the secretary read me some script about how they took a second look at my application and they decided not to invite me for an interview and I should be getting that letter in Feb.
    Call them and I think they are realistic enough to give you the truth (good/bad).

4. applying

applying Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Dr. Don, I'm in the same boat as you...absolutely no correspondence from them. Definately give them a call, I think I may do the same.

5. ssd

ssd Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 17, 2001
    los angeles, ca
    according to the status check, my app. has been complete since 9-27. still no word for me from nymc. i interviewed there last year and liked the school. i was hoping to have better luck with them this year.

they were not very helpful at all last year in the admissions office when a group of us who had been waitlisted called for updates. basically, they flat out lied. they repeatedly were telling us that there was absolutely no movement from the waitlist even though there were sdn-ers coming off the list. basically, take what they say with a grain of salt.

with that said, i will try calling them tomorrow as well. let's see if we can get some conflicting reports...

6. Student33333

Student33333 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Has anyone who received that "error" interview email last week, heard anything since?

7. barb

barb Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    My application has been complete since September and I too had not received any word, so I called them because I will be heading out to NY (from San Francisco) next month for a couple other interviews and was hoping to do them together (if I got an interview there). When I called, they asked for my name and said they would move my application up in the priority so I could find out before I go. Who knows if that will really happen, but if you are heading out there and it is a long way for you, it might be worth letting them know.

8. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2000
    I received the "error" e-mail last week, but have not heard a peep from them since.

9. barb

barb Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    So last week they e-mailed me the invitation for an interview. Since I was going to be in NY this week, I asked if I could be squeezed in this week (unlikely I know) and of course they said know. I was told that the first available interview date was in late March. So that will make 4 trips to the east coast since December.

10. Doctora Foxy

Doctora Foxy Meow 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    I received an error email-interview invite last month (early Jan)...are you guys saying that they did it again and sent false invites last week? If they did, this school is starting to look pathetic
    :confused:
    BTW I've been complete since 10/31 and have heard nothing. I called 2 weeks ago and they said my app is under review stll