Has anyone heard from Pitt recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BirkChick

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that one of our fellow SDNers has an interview at Pitt -- has anyone else heard from them? Has anyone had their check cashed?

I swear, this whole process is making me turn gray prematurely! Ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed that one of our fellow SDNers has an interview at Pitt -- has anyone else heard from them? Has anyone had their check cashed?

Pitt, talk to us. :(

Pitt came and did a presentation at our school about a month ago. I emailed somebody on the admissions committee last week to ask about a LOR and I was told that the admissions committee was meeting for the first time last week and they'll get together again in a few weeks.
I don't know if this helps or not, but that's what I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called in about my LOR's yesterday and they said they have not given an interview invite out yet.

I called in about my LOR's yesterday and they said they have not given an interview invite out yet.

thats not true... b/c i know of 2 others who have also recieved invites

Thats what im saying, I wonder why they told me they havent given any out yet. Strange.

I called Pitt today because I submitted my check about 3 months ago and it still hasn't been cashed. At the same time I asked if my application was complete because I haven't received anythign saying my application was under review. She said it was complete and that they HAVE NOT sent out any invites yet, but that the admissions committee has already picked some applicants for interviews. so I guess that means they know who is going to get an invite but just haven't mailed them.

Wait a minute. Stosh and bs2dds, you guys are scheduled for the end of November? And you're the first ones notified? I'm guessing Pitt isn't planning to accept on Dec. 1...

I ask the same question because number one, Pittsburgh has not cashed my check that I've sent in June. Furthermore, I keep emailing and calling the admissions office. Everytime I call, the answering machine says that it's full. And as for email, there are no responses. :eek:

Wait a minute. Stosh and bs2dds, you guys are scheduled for the end of November? And you're the first ones notified? I'm guessing Pitt isn't planning to accept on Dec. 1...

Does anybody want to comment?

got a mass email from rose sayng app was complete yest....submitted early july
it specifically said to refrain from calling to inquire about the status...
I had spoken to Rose earlier(before the email came out) and she said that like all other schools, they have been swamped by early apps this year so theyre trying to get through the boxes of mailings as fas as possible...
hope that helps...

i havent, but then again im not applying there till next year.

Does anybody want to comment?

yes i was invited... but i have no idea if I or anyone else was the first to be contacted... how would I know that?? im not on the adcom there.......

yes i was invited... but i have no idea if I or anyone else was the first to be contacted... how would I know that?? im not on the adcom there.......

u mean they didn't say congrats your our first pick??? lol. i guess that means you were their second pick. :rolleyes: i will pm ya to compare some info