Has anyone heard from Radford, Shenandoah, or the University of Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elauz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've applied to several DPT programs for the class of 2021. I know that Radford will be holding interviews on November 15th and 16th, and Shenandoah's are scheduled for December 14th and 15th. Has anyone been invited yet? Also, I haven't heard anything whatsoever from the University of Maryland, so if anyone has heard something from them, please let me know.

I have heard a decision from Lynchburg, I'm waiting to hear from Murphy Deming, and I have an interview lined up with UNE if anyone has questions about those schools. Good luck to everyone out there!

Members don't see this ad.

I was declined pretty early from UMB, my cumulative gpa was pretty mediocre. I sent everything in by Aug 1st and heard back by the 20th of August.

I also applied to UNE. Congrats on the interview!! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! I'm in my late 20's and I think the fact that I have some professional career experience and a year living and working in Asia has really helped me. My overall GPA is 3.28, post-bacc is 3.75. My GRE scores were average for the quantitative section and above average for the verbal reasoning and writing. I also have close to 600 observation hours in a variety of settings. I hope this helps!

Thank you for sharing info on UMB! Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! I'm in my late 20's and I think the fact that I have some professional career experience and a year living and working in Asia has really helped me. My overall GPA is 3.28, post-bacc is 3.75. My GRE scores were average for the quantitative section and above average for the verbal reasoning and writing. I also have close to 600 observation hours in a variety of settings. I hope this helps!

I'm also in my late 20's and applying to PT schools after some professional (non-PT) experience! And I also applied to Radford and Shenandoah. :) I haven't heard anything from either of those schools, other than confirmation that they received my application. I have interviews at Marymount and South College.

Let us know if you hear anything from Radford or Shenandoah! Best of luck with your applications and interviews!

I applied to Radford and Shenandoah as well, but haven't heard from either of them yet. I expect to hear from Radford by the end of next week.

Does anyone have advice for, or know the interview questions, at Murphy Deming? I have an interview there next week.

Best of luck to everyone :)

I applied to Radford and Shenandoah as well, but haven't heard from either of them yet. I expect to hear from Radford by the end of next week.

Does anyone have advice for, or know the interview questions, at Murphy Deming? I have an interview there next week.

Thank you! I'm hoping to hear from Radford this week as well. I had my interview at Murphy Deming last month and it was very laid back! They ask the standard questions, "Why PT, What makes you a unique candidate, Why Murphy Deming etc." I think my first interview lasted half an hour and the second lasted 20 minutes. They really just want to get to know you, so be yourself! Good luck!

Which Maryland school did you apply to? I submitted my application for University of Maryland Eastern Shore 10/2 and got an email on 10/17 inviting me for an interview. I'll be there 11/3 for it!

Which Maryland school did you apply to? I submitted my application for University of Maryland Eastern Shore 10/2 and got an email on 10/17 inviting me for an interview. I'll be there 11/3 for it!
Congratulations on your interview!! I applied to the University of Maryland Baltimore and received an email last week saying that my application is currently being processed. I know they have three more designated interviews days throughout November and December, but at this rate I probably have a chance at only two of those dates since they would have to provide at least a couple weeks notice.

Good luck to you!!

I hope this isn't too late- The interview at Murphy Deming is very relaxed and comfortable. You shouldn't be nervous! There were only about 12 people there on the day I interviewed. Hope you kill it!!

Thank you! I think my interview at Murphy Deming went well. You're right, it was very relaxed

Last edited:
UPDATE!!! I got an interview with Shenandoah today! The email came this afternoon. Did anyone else hear from them? I'm so excited :)

Reactions: 2 users
UPDATE!!! I got an interview with Shenandoah today! The email came this afternoon. Did anyone else hear from them? I'm so excited :)

Me too, i got the invite to interview on 11/12 for 12/14

Reactions: 3 users
I also received an invite! Got the email Saturday (11/11) to interview on 12/14. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my invite to interview with Shenadoah, too! Great work, everyone!!!

Hey, when did you all submit your application for Shenandoah? I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Hey, when did you all submit your application for Shenandoah? I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
I submitted mine on Oct. 1st. Hope you hear back soon!

Hi everyone!

I've applied to several DPT programs for the class of 2021. I know that Radford will be holding interviews on November 15th and 16th, and Shenandoah's are scheduled for December 14th and 15th. Has anyone been invited yet? Also, I haven't heard anything whatsoever from the University of Maryland, so if anyone has heard something from them, please let me know.

I have heard a decision from Lynchburg, I'm waiting to hear from Murphy Deming, and I have an interview lined up with UNE if anyone has questions about those schools. Good luck to everyone out there!
Hi! How long did it take for you to get a decision from Lynchburg after getting the initial "reviewing your application" email??

Hi! How long did it take for you to get a decision from Lynchburg after getting the initial "reviewing your application" email??
I received a "reviewing application" email from Lynchburg on August 3rd, and was accepted on September 22nd. They told me they had accepted me through a new process called the Early Admission Pathway, which is an optional early admission decision. They said I could accept, decline, or elect to return my application to the general application pool for later review (not necessarily guaranteeing a seat again). I chose the latter. I hope this helps!

I received a "reviewing application" email from Lynchburg on August 3rd, and was accepted on September 22nd. They told me they had accepted me through a new process called the Early Admission Pathway, which is an optional early admission decision. They said I could accept, decline, or elect to return my application to the general application pool for later review (not necessarily guaranteeing a seat again). I chose the latter. I hope this helps!
Thank you so much! Congrats on your acceptance :)

I got an interview with Shenandoah for 12/15! They emailed me this morning so don't lose hope :)

Hey guys,

I have an interview on December 15th as well! Is anyone interviewing on the 14th? And does anybody know what kind of questions are going to be asked during the interview?

Hey guys,

I have an interview on December 15th as well! Is anyone interviewing on the 14th? And does anybody know what kind of questions are going to be asked during the interview?

I am interviewing on the 14th. I need to call to find out the time frame. I have to go from my interview at Shenandoah straight to Ohio St. for the open house on the 15th!

I just received received my invite to Shenandoah, but I am turning down the invitation to interview since I got into another school. Hopefully this gives someone else a chance!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

I'm interviewing on the 14th. I don't really know what type of questions they'll ask, but I'm a bit nervous because I found someone's blog from 2012 that talked about his experience applying for PT school. He talked about his Shenandoah interview and said that the interview was held by a professor and a current student, and the questions were asked in a "rapid fire" fashion. However, we should probably take this with a grain of salt since this is a blog from 5 years ago.

Does anyone have any information on the University of Maryland (Baltimore)? I received another email saying my application was still under review. At this point I basically only have a chance at one more interview date they're holding (December 6th).

I too received an interview today from Shenandoah for the 14th!

I got an email from Shenandoah for an interview today as well but am declining!

I'm interviewing on the 14th. I don't really know what type of questions they'll ask, but I'm a bit nervous because I found someone's blog from 2012 that talked about his experience applying for PT school. He talked about his Shenandoah interview and said that the interview was held by a professor and a current student, and the questions were asked in a "rapid fire" fashion. However, we should probably take this with a grain of salt since this is a blog from 5 years ago.

Does anyone have any information on the University of Maryland (Baltimore)? I received another email saying my application was still under review. At this point I basically only have a chance at one more interview date they're holding (December 6th).

I saw that post on the forum as well. I'm surprised no one else has posted about the interview in the past 5 years. Is anyone applying for the dual program?

Just heard back from Radford with an acceptance email yesterday!

Just heard back from Radford with an acceptance email yesterday!
Me too! I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools, but I've been really excited about Radford!

Me too! I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools, but I've been really excited about Radford!
Me too!! I'm really excited about Radford!

Me too! I’m so excited to hear back from them so soon :) I plan to accept and attend Radford in May

Has anyone found out the time of their interview at Shenandoah? I've called and emailed but I still haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone found out the time of their interview at Shenandoah? I've called and emailed but I still haven't heard anything back.

I did. Kind of. I received an email the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with all the details. However, the part of the sentence with the report time was never filled in. I have sent an email and haven't heard anything back.

I did. Kind of. I received an email the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with all the details. However, the part of the sentence with the report time was never filled in. I have sent an email and haven't heard anything back.
I think PTCAS was having issues... I got an acceptance email from another school around the same time that was missing all the personalized stuff. I received a blank timeslot email from Shenandoah as well, but then about an hour later I received a second one telling me to be there at 8am. I'd definitely keep trying to get in touch if you haven't gotten your time yet!

anyone interview at UMD after their Dec
interview date last year?

I think PTCAS was having issues... I got an acceptance email from another school around the same time that was missing all the personalized stuff. I received a blank timeslot email from Shenandoah as well, but then about an hour later I received a second one telling me to be there at 8am. I'd definitely keep trying to get in touch if you haven't gotten your time yet!
The same thing happened to me with my Shenandoah emails. I received a second one with my time slot shortly after the blank email. Hopefully they'll get these bugs worked out of the new platform software soon.