Has anyone heard from RUSH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sekem

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from RUSH? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

not i said the fly.:(

Members don't see this ad :)
any news? ...

What about the status changing for some of us on the website? What are you all making of that and the fact htat under News & Notes it says, "Welcome to the Rush family?"

What about the status changing for some of us on the website? What are you all making of that and the fact htat under News & Notes it says, "Welcome to the Rush family?"

I think it means we've been accepted, BUT I don't want to get too excited until I have official notification.

any news???

clarabelle and draveragejoe - when did you interview there? i interviewed on 12/7...

Quick question for anyone who can anwer-I took the August MCAT and became complete mid-Oct. If I haven't been invited for an interview yet should I not keep my hopes up?

Quick question for anyone who can anwer-I took the August MCAT and became complete mid-Oct. If I haven't been invited for an interview yet should I not keep my hopes up?

OK. I took the august MCAT and did OK have a 4.0 and my wife goes to school at Rush. I was complete in October and have heard nothing from Rush. But you never know... you could get a fake interview invite. You could just show up with a copy of the email :laugh: But seriously, I have no idea what Rush is doing. They seem to be incompetent from an IT perspective. Surprising since they have a great program.

Rush is fitting perfectly into the mold of what every single IL seems to be giving me: More waiting. I'm gonna lose my mind.

Has anyone else contacted them lately about their post-interview status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no word from Rush...I was complete on 9/12. Congrats to everyone who has interviewed!

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats they have filled at this point?

Good luck!! :luck:

mdapp06

Still no word from Rush...I was complete on 9/12. Congrats to everyone who has interviewed!

Does anyone have an idea of how many seats they have filled at this point?

Good luck!! :luck:

mdapp06
I'm so in your boat- I've been complete since the same time, no interview (not including the fake interview invitation via email), and no word. What gives? They've got a fantastic program and I so want to be a part of it!:love:

I interviewed at Rush on Nov 8th with what we were told was the first group to interview. After not hearing back for several weeks, I finally tried to contact Rush through email. I received this email in response from Jill Porter on the 18th of Dec.:

Dear Rob,

Due to a recent change in the membership of the Committee on
Admissions,
the admissions decision process has been delayed. The COA is
diligently
training their new members in order to get everyone up to speed and
ready
for discussion and voting. I anticipate we will begin receiving
admission
decisions from the Committee sometime in the near future.

This delay is no way reflects you as an applicant. This is strictly
the
committee choosing to take a step back, ensure everyone is well trained
before they move through their process. I apologize on their behalf
for
the delay.

You should be hearing from us soon. Take care,

Jill

I then asked whether any decisions had been made and what was the deal with some of the students getting changes on their Infostatz menus......

Dear Rob,

Thanks for the update. To date, the admissions office has NOT yet
received
any decisions from the Committee on Admissions. Again, it is my hope
this
will happen sometime this week. I will look into what is being
displayed
on Infostatz. . .

Take care,

Jill

Jill M. Porter, M.S.Ed.
Director of Recruitment
and Special Programs
Rush Medical College
600 South Paulina, Suite 524 Chicago, IL 60612

I'm so in your boat- I've been complete since the same time, no interview (not including the fake interview invitation via email), and no word. What gives? They've got a fantastic program and I so want to be a part of it!:love:

Hey BeanerMD: It's nice to know that someone else feels the way I do! I know this process is a huge waiting game...but it would be really nice to hear something from Rush, especially since we can't call them :) I feel like I am at the mercy of Infostatz! I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything from Rush :D

I interviewed at Rush on Nov 8th with what we were told was the first group to interview. After not hearing back for several weeks, I finally tried to contact Rush through email. I received this email in response from Jill Porter on the 18th of Dec.:

Dear Rob,

Due to a recent change in the membership of the Committee on
Admissions,
the admissions decision process has been delayed. The COA is
diligently
training their new members in order to get everyone up to speed and
ready
for discussion and voting. I anticipate we will begin receiving
admission
decisions from the Committee sometime in the near future.

This delay is no way reflects you as an applicant. This is strictly
the
committee choosing to take a step back, ensure everyone is well trained
before they move through their process. I apologize on their behalf
for
the delay.

You should be hearing from us soon. Take care,

Jill

I then asked whether any decisions had been made and what was the deal with some of the students getting changes on their Infostatz menus......

Dear Rob,

Thanks for the update. To date, the admissions office has NOT yet
received
any decisions from the Committee on Admissions. Again, it is my hope
this
will happen sometime this week. I will look into what is being
displayed
on Infostatz. . .

Take care,

Jill

Jill M. Porter, M.S.Ed.
Director of Recruitment
and Special Programs
Rush Medical College
600 South Paulina, Suite 524 Chicago, IL 60612

Wow -- Thank you for that useful info, Webdevil983. It is good to know what's going on with their system (ie. changes with their Committee on Admissions), and that this is most likely the cause for delays in communication with applicants. Thanks again for taking the time to post that info!

mdapp06

how come they suddenly, in the middle of the admission season, decided to change their commitee??? strange!!!

Hi All,

I just wanted to post a friendly note to check your Rush status page. I didn't receive an email invitation from them, but I checked my status page today and was able to schedule an interview! After I scheduled it I received a confirmation email.

So it might be worth it to check your status page, even if you haven't received an interview email invitation.

mdapp06

hey MDapp06, when was your file complete at rush??

hey MDapp06, when was your file complete at rush??

Hey FullTiltMD,

My file was complete on 9/12, so I've waited quite a while to hear news from Rush :) Were you complete around the same time? I hope you get good news soon!

mdapp06

i think my file was complete on 9/14 so i hope to hear something from them soon. i still dont understand how rush is handling the interview invites and such so its a pretty confusing situation. but thanks for the info and good luck!!

i think my file was complete on 9/14 so i hope to hear something from them soon. i still dont understand how rush is handling the interview invites and such so its a pretty confusing situation. but thanks for the info and good luck!!

Did you check Infostatz today? I would check it today (and tomorrow if there is no Interview button on your status page today :) ). Since you were complete around the same time as me, I would guess that you will hear news soon :D When I went to schedule my interview, the first interview day available was January 10. All of their available days in January are Wednesdays. (I don't know if it helps to give this info, but I just wanted to let you know).

:luck: mdapp06

Any news guys???

I just got an acceptance letter!!!! Small envelope, dated December 21st!!!

I wonder if Rush has even looked at my application. I was complete 8/25 and I have heard nothing. Its been 4 months!:confused:

Anyone else in a similar situation?

11/29. the earlier november date was the fake one which was rescinded.

hey ndteej, when were you complete at rush, and if u dont mind, can you share your stats?

why did you decide to withdraw? acceptance from a better school or was there somethign wrong with rush?

hey...i actually jsut withdrew from rush, i had an interview on the 3rd

I'm guessing you got an acceptance somewhere better. I don't know why you did it, but if it somehow helps the rest of us, thanks!

well now we know they have moved up around 11/29. Is there anyone else who got anything before that time?

I just got the letter!!... Our mail arrived especially late today. Acceptance also dated Dec. 21st.

I know this is pure paranoia -- but for those of you that were accepted, has your infostatz status changed? Mine changed back from that "news & info." and other things that came up but has since changed back.

I am home for the holidays, so my mail is beign forwarded and it will be another 5-10 before I receive any mail... if any did come from Rush. :-/

Congrats, though!

I know this is pure paranoia -- but for those of you that were accepted, has your infostatz status changed? Mine changed back from that "news & info." and other things that came up but has since changed back.

I am home for the holidays, so my mail is beign forwarded and it will be another 5-10 before I receive any mail... if any did come from Rush. :-/

Congrats, though!

yeah, the status on infostatz changed for me from the news and info to how it originally was.
best of luck to you!

so if our status does not change, is it safe to assume the news are not that good???

I got placed on their wait list yesterday :( Anyone else with me? Interviewed Nov 29...

Requip,

did your status change on infostatz? I'm going crazy waiting for today's mail.

It looks the exact same. I wouldn't base anything on their web page, it has nothing to do with their decision. Does anyone have a good phone number to call them at? Mine just gives me an option to leave a voice mail.

It looks the exact same. I wouldn't base anything on their web page, it has nothing to do with their decision. Does anyone have a good phone number to call them at? Mine just gives me an option to leave a voice mail.

did your status page change at all???