Has anyone heard from these schools recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to know if anyone has received interview requests from the following schools recently (past week or two.) If so, please tell me when your file was complete and when you received your interview request:

Stanford, Yale, Emory, Einstein, Mt. Sinai, any UC school.

I'm just trying to figure out which schools I should still be waiting to hear from. Thanks.

Alex

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA has sent out invites recently.

I recieved interview invites from both Yale and Mt Sinai within the past week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Xega
I recieved interview invites from both Yale and Mt Sinai within the past week.

Do you remember when your apps were complete at the schools? Mine were somewhat late due to taking the August MCAT.

Mine were complete late as well. I submitted the Yale app sometime in early November/late October and was listed as complete on their status page on Dec 1. The Mt Sinai app I turned in beginning of December.

i was rejected by ucsd (after being put on pre-interview hold) w/in the last couple weeks.

is mt. sinai interview invite by snail mail or email? mt sinai is one of my top choices

My Yale app was marked complete online mid December so I guess I might hear from them soon. I sent my Sinai stuff in mid Nov so I have no clue what's going on. The UCs better show me some love or I'm in trouble.

Both the yale and mt sinai invites were by email.

I just got an invite from Stanford (snail mail letter dated in early January), and my app had been complete since early September. So there's still hope! :)

I got an interview Invite from UCI yesterday and rejected from UCSD a week before that. UCSD is no longer offering invites.

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
I got an interview Invite from UCI yesterday and rejected from UCSD a week before that. UCSD is no longer offering invites.

That can't possibly be true. I know for a fact UCSD interviews through April. I'm pretty sure that they haven't booked interviews that far. There was someone on here that said they recently received an interview there (a week ago) and his date was early Feb. They're definately still sending out invites.

i got an invite from einstein last week after being complete for 5 weeks, ucla this tue after about 2 months, ucsf after 5 weeks from completed secondary. i was also april AND august MCATer. don't worry much because UC's time to invite and actual interview was like 10 days (ucla) and 2 weeks (ucsf). and uc's invite till march! hope that helps. good luck alexander99!!!
:)

Originally posted by genome25
i got an invite from einstein last week after being complete for 5 weeks, ucla this tue after about 2 months, ucsf after 5 weeks from completed secondary. i was also april AND august MCATer. don't worry much because UC's time to invite and actual interview was like 10 days (ucla) and 2 weeks (ucsf). and uc's invite till march! hope that helps. good luck alexander99!!!
:)

Thanks for the encouragement. Looks like I've still got a bit of waiting to do since I was complete at most of the UCs early December. I'll keep you updated on the UC schools--like I said, they'd better show me some love!

Originally posted by Alexander99
That can't possibly be true. I know for a fact UCSD interviews through April. I'm pretty sure that they haven't booked interviews that far. There was someone on here that said they recently received an interview there (a week ago) and his date was early Feb. They're definately still sending out invites.

Well, it is true from the stand point of their letter. They said that they've completed review of all the people that will be offered interviews. Call and check and then get back to us.

edit: some of you others got the same letter, right?

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Well, it is true from the stand point of their letter. They said that they've completed review of all the people that will be offered interviews. Call and check and then get back to us.

edit: some of you others got the same letter, right?

Yup. The exact wording was "The Admissions Committee of the UCSD School of Medicine has completed its review of the applicants who will be interviewed for our first year class."

(No, I didn't memorize it...I have the letter in front of me :p )

Originally posted by PianoGirl04
Yup. The exact wording was "The Admissions Committee of the UCSD School of Medicine has completed its review of the applicants who will be interviewed for our first year class."

(No, I didn't memorize it...I have the letter in front of me :p )

There you have it, alexander99. BTW... I love you, pianogirl. I had lost my letter (and by lost, I mean spit on it, ripped it, burned it, and then put the flames out with my feet), so I couldn't remember exactly what it said. Could you tell I was really hoping for UCSD? :laugh: :laugh: But seriously, thanks!

That's terrible. They used to interview until April and now they're stopping mid February? The August MCATers almost didn't have a chance at interviewing there they went so fast. Oh well. Hopefully the other UCs didn't shorten their interview season.

Originally posted by Alexander99
That's terrible. They used to interview until April and now they're stopping mid February? The August MCATers almost didn't have a chance at interviewing there they went so fast. Oh well. Hopefully the other UCs didn't shorten their interview season.

I'm in the same position - haven't heard from them ever since I was put on hold and no change on my status page either. Oh well...

I don't know how I got this interview but to respond to the OP, UCLA just sent me an interview invitation 2-3 days ago (thru checking the online status check).

BTW, my app was complete around mid-November.