1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Has anyone heard from these schools!?!??! WTF!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SpeedRacer, Nov 27, 2005.

1. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have been complete at some schools for like 2-3 months and haven't heard anything!

NYU, AECOM, Sinai, Jeff, Case, Maryland, Pritzker, Rush....wtf??

It's seriously been like 3 months. Does that mean I'm getting rejected? This is getting kind of ridiculous.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am still waiting to hear back from NYU, Sinai, NYMC, AECOM, Downstate, Maryland, Cincinatti.

I know NYU (my first choice!) stops interviewing in Dec. so I have pretty much lost all hope there. I've also heard from other SDN'ers that NYMC interview schedule is packed upto March. So no hope there either.

4. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

If I may suggest something:
    It's your life, you can't expect these schools to care. They get thousands of applicants, why should anyone care about you? (This is hyperbole, I care, and that's why I'm responding.)
    Call up these schools!!!!! Get the word from the horse's mouth. Horses love to talk; don't deny them that simple pleasure. Show the schools and the horses that you care about them and they should care about you. It's your life and take the initiative!
    /rant
    Good luck.

5. BOBODR

BOBODR Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

2-3 months? I have been complete at Rochester for 5 months...... and not a word.

6. sucksabigone

sucksabigone Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

I have yet to hear from NYU, Sinai, Jeff......and about 10 other schools. I'm losing my freakin mind.

7. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeh I havent heard from NYU, Jefferson, Rochester...and it's been 4-5 months at each school. I did get rejections from Pritzker and Case so maybe not hearing yet is a good thing. Maybe you're on some sort of pre-interview hold or something.
    I was going to call up all those schools but I really don't feel like it, although I know I should. I feel like all they're going to say is, "you file is being reviewed" cuz that's the answer I got back when I used to call all those schools.
    Who knows...

8. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I've been complete since August, and I haven't heard from Baylor College, Boston University, Case Western Reserve University, Drexel University, Jefferson Medical College, Loma Linda University, New York Medical College, Saint Louis University, Temple University, Texas A & M University, Texas Tech University, Tufts University, Tulane University, University of Oklahoma, University of Southern California, University of Texas, Galveston, University of Texas, San Antonio, or my first choice, University of Texas, Southwestern.

9. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    chaeymaey i know exactly how u feel. im still waiting on 16 schools, 2 i didnt get secondaries (and have given up on), and 14 that i turned in secondaries and have heard nothing from, even though i've been complete since july and august at most, like loma linda, oregon, ucdavis, usc, jefferson, rochester, michigan, UMiami, tulane, ohio state, nyu, loyola and many many more. (and i applied to harvard, yale, JHU, brown for the heck of it so i'm not realistically waiting to hear back from them, although it would be nice, but yeh, i'm not betting my life on it :D)

it couldn't be more frustrating!!!!! seriously, when will this all be O-V-E-R! but at least we're going thru this together. I'd go crazy without SDN cuz i'd think im the only one who hasnt heard from a certain school.

10. DesiMcatAcer

DesiMcatAcer Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Realistically, its not even close to over yet and dont worry hopefully there will be more movement from now till March...good luck! :)

11. BOBODR

BOBODR Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

some schools like SLU, UC havent rejected anyone yet so there is no way to tell whats going on there. But some schools like U of R have rejected people and I know I have been complete since the first possible day so I guess I am still in review. Last yr alot of rejections came in early december..... like a long awaited cleansing.

12. ShyRem

ShyRem I need more coffee.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Complete since 9/1 and no word from Temple, Drexel, Vermont, and my own state school that has forsaken me: Colorado. I've emailed and called these places, and all I get is "you've under review" or "you're in the to-review pile". Great. Just great. No holiday cookies for YOU, adcoms!

13. laboholic

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am waiting on ALL the schools I have applied to since september (except my state school at which i interviewed a month and a half ago). I guess it means nobody really cares about me. :) Id like to call them but I really dont feel like it would do any good because the one school I called told me to "relax, you will be contacted when your file is reviewed". Plus, you just talk to a secretary, not a member of the admissions committee..
    oh well, ill bank on my state school to accept me in march :thumbup:

14. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yeah, I know I should call schools again, but the last time I made a round of phone calls/emails, I netted one notice of a letter in the mail...two weeks later, it turned out to be a rejection. BAH! I'm scared to call/email again!

15. DrKitty

DrKitty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    NYU interview season ends on Dec 21, so if you haven't heard from them regarding interview invitation (me included), horror of horrors, it is most likely going to be rejection :scared:

16. havingfaith

havingfaith Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i talked to a lot of my friends who went through this process last year, and they say not to worry too much, b/c a lot of them didn't start hearing from places until december...and had interviews up till march so there's still time...hopefully...

17. -Goose-

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    anyone know anything about wake?

18. SNR02

SNR02 Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah I'm expecting an NYU rejection too. I called and they said that if I don't hear by 1st week of december then it is probably a rejection.

Heard from Sinai a few weeks ago, FINALLY, which makes me think they probably put me aside in the beginning and came back to me later

Nada from Jefferson, Temple, Columbia, Cornell.

I mean geez, Temple?? what the heck???

Hoping no one lost my application or something but this waiting thing takes a loooooooooooooong time :(

19. somewhere2010

somewhere2010 SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    complete at NYU and Northwestern since early August, and Emory since sometime in September...nothing from any of them! booo! stanford and harvard haven't given me love either, but i think their timeline is later in general, so there may still be hope!

20. Bernito

Bernito Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I may be mistaken but I believe the Texas (UT system) schools have finished interviewing. But they finish considerably sooner than pretty much everyone else,so there is still hope.

21. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks a lot, ass. i called case and they promptly rejected me 7 hours later. at least i would have been in ignorant bliss for another few weeks/months if i hadn't called. :mad:

ok i'm sorry you're not an ass. i just really wanted to go to case. that's the first rejection that really hurt. someone hold me :(

22. bubbleyum

bubbleyum Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

sorry speed. i will hold you. :(

me: have not heard bubkus from 16 schools, april mcater & been complete since september.

23. potato51

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Southwestern, A&M, and Univ of TX Houston should still be interviewing I think. I know for a fact all three go into January.

24. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

Geez, I am an ass. Damn, I hate myself. I'm never going to listen to myself again and I suggest you do the same.
    Seriously, I'm sorry. I'm waiting for my rejections to start pouring in. Trust me, it's better to find out now than to have false hope and get a bevy of rejections in March/April. Case are a bunch of ungrateful whores anyway. You don't want them, they're no good for you. And they have VD.
    I'm not going to hold you, though. I'm sort of afraid you'd sucker punch me if I did.

25. Seona

Seona Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have been complete at UT-Southwestern for months now, and I thought it was odd that they didn't even mail me a complete notification. Anyway, I called them up today (granted, I am applying MD/PhD, so different offices) and the lady told me that they were missing FOUR of my recommendation letters. When I asked why they had not notified me earlier (as promised in a letter), she said that there were extremely short-staffed. My prehealth office sent out my letters in late July! Soo . . . if you think you've been complete but haven't heard from the school, CALL THEM!!! I had my letters transmitted via VirtualEvals (again) like literally ten minutes after I hung up with her, and she said that they would get a decision back to me by tomorrow :)