15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
  1. Dental Student
    What's up guys! Has anyone heard from these schools for interviews:

Columbia U.
    U. Michigan
    U. of Louisville
    Virginia Commonwealth U.

I'm wondering am I in the reject pile or are they late about interviews? I've tried to contact the schools with no luck:confused: Any information would be great! Thanks again. Also...avingupta good luck with Columbia! Also, when did u hear from them?

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
    15+ Year Member
    Oct 7, 2001
    Arizona
    1. Dentist
      If you are waiting to hear about status then you are okay, but if you are waiting to get an interview, I'd say (just off the top of my head) that you are too late.

Some schools will continue to interview through March, but many of those interview appointments have been full (or handed out) for the past several weeks now.

sxr71

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Sep 10, 2002
        I can tell you that calling UMICH can be helpful as they won't send you anything if you have an incomplete app. When I called I found that they were waiting for that 3rd rec letter.

About the Ads

sxr71

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 10, 2002
          ^^^ I guess it depends on the school. The lady I spoke to at Michigan told me that it wouldn't be too late to get an interview if the letter was sent in now. I specifically asked about that.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
          15+ Year Member
          Oct 7, 2001
          Arizona
          1. Dentist
            Originally posted by sxr71
            ^^^ I guess it depends on the school. The lady I spoke to at Michigan told me that it wouldn't be too late to get an interview if the letter was sent in now. I specifically asked about that.

Good call. My statements were just general ones. Good to know that not all hope is lost.

sxr71

7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Sep 10, 2002
              ^^^ Yeah on the whole I'd agree with you, but I think opportunities still exist but we're really talking about alternate lists at this point and it helps to have really good stats at this juncture.

JRogoff

Resident Palatal Phallacy
              7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Feb 20, 2004
              Plantation, FL
              1. Dentist
                Got an interview from Nova a week ago for March 5th. Don't know why either, they have had my completed app. for months. Think they might have lost it for awhile and just found it. I say this because i would call once a week to check my status and they always told me they would call me back and never did. Their admissions department is either very unorganized or they just don't like me....who knows! Either way i got accepted into a school higher on my list!.

kpdanek

7+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Dec 16, 2003
                Belleville, MI
                  Just wanted to let you know that I talked to the admissions secretary at UofM and the class isn't full yet!!! They have one more interview group left, and they're still making decisions on candidates. I interviewed back on Jan. 9th, so I've been really frustrated having not heard anything. (Especially because people who interviewed on Feb 6th have already gotten letters!!!) I guess I'm just going to sit back & be patient.... at least there's still hope for us!

dentalchica

7+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Jan 13, 2004
                    I interviewed at Columbia in the end of Jan and interviewed at Mich in the beginning of Feb and got into both... i heard Columbia has a few more interviews and i think Mich has one more round..so if ur sitll waiting on interview invitations...you should call them..either way call them!

MINI430

7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Feb 12, 2004
                    1. Dental Student
                      COOL! I called both shools and found out the following:

UMICH: My file is complete and is being reviewed by the commite at the time I called, which was today. The class is NOT FULL.

Columbia: My file has made the 1st cut and now waiting for a review by the interview committe. She said I should hear back within 5-7 days and the class is NOT FULL.

Until then, hope for good news:)

About the Ads
                      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      7. This thread is locked.