Has anyone heard from University of Utah for an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTIS3651

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received this after submitting my application:

We will notify you no later than the 2nd week of December if you are selected to move forward to the interview portion of our admissions process. Thank you for choosing the University of Utah as a prospective Physical Therapy Program.

I am not sure if the second week of December is this week or next.

Members don't see this ad.

I received this after submitting my application:

We will notify you no later than the 2nd week of December if you are selected to move forward to the interview portion of our admissions process. Thank you for choosing the University of Utah as a prospective Physical Therapy Program.

I am not sure if the second week of December is this week or next.

I haven't heard back either. Hoping they actually meant next week. :xf:

I haven't either, wonder if it's going to come via email or letter which I could see a delay with letter invitations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't either, wonder if it's going to come via email or letter which I could see a delay with letter invitations.
We had a University of Utah student doing his clinicals where I work and he said the interview invites should come by email.

Just got my interview invitation! FINALLY!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! Yay! :highfive:

Anyone know what we should expect for interviews?

See you in Jan!
I am from Utah and I know/work with quite a few therapists that went to the U. From what I can tell the interview portion is pretty standard. During the group interview they ask questions and you take turns responding or they give you a task to complete together. I have heard that they can occasionally ask curve ball questions like "if you were a car what kind would you be?" They interview 120ish applicants for 48 seats.

For those that interviewed, do you know when they'll be sending out acceptances?

I heard from a current student that it could be as early as today or tomorrow. At the luncheon following the group interviews Dee Dee said that we would know either way in ten days. So I think that is on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet but I am really hoping I get accepted. How do you feel the interviews went?

I heard from a current student that it could be as early as today or tomorrow. At the luncheon following the group interviews Dee Dee said that we would know either way in ten days. So I think that is on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet but I am really hoping I get accepted. How do you feel the interviews went?

I think they went well, we will see. Hopefully they let us know by the end of this week, I'm so anxious! How did you feel about yours?

I think they went well, we will see. Hopefully they let us know by the end of this week. How did you feel about yours?
I think they went pretty well. I really think that it could go either way. I am just crossing my fingers I get in. I am already into another program but they U is my number one.

I think they went pretty well. I really think that it could go either way. I am just crossing my fingers I get in. I am already into another program but they U is my number one.
Well congratulations on your other acceptance! This was my first interview and it's also my top choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back yet? I'm getting impatient lol

Has anyone heard back yet? I'm getting impatient lol
I haven't heard anything either. I have checked this forum and my email probably 100 times today. I am thinking maybe Dee Dee meant 10 business days...I am fighting the urge to email her and ask.

I haven't heard anything either. I have checked this forum and my email probably 100 times today. I am thinking maybe Dee Dee meant 10 business days...I am fighting the urge to email her and ask.

Same here! I also want to email her but I don't want to come off as annoying. If you do, please let us know what she says

Same here! I also want to email her but I don't want to come off as annoying. If you do, please let us know what she says
Haha! I probably won't email her just yet. I am just going to wait it out. If Friday afternoon roles around and I still haven't heard anything, I will for sure be emailing her.

Oh man. This waiting thing is so hard! :arghh: Anyone hear anything yet?? Maybe they meant 10 business days instead of just 10 days??

Anyone else look at the other forums? In 2014 they told people on the Wednesday about 12 days after the interviews. I don't know if that helps...

Oh man. This waiting thing is so hard! :arghh: Anyone hear anything yet?? Maybe they meant 10 business days instead of just 10 days??
If they meant 10 business days I really wish they would have just said 2 weeks, haha! I met a current student at the interview that said "even if they say 2 weeks you will for sure know in a week or less." I guess he was wrong.

If they meant 10 business days I really wish they would have just said 2 weeks, haha! I met a current student at the interview that said "even if they say 2 weeks you will for sure know in a week or less." I guess he was wrong.
Maybe everyone was so great that they're having a hard time choosing lol

Maybe everyone was so great that they're having a hard time choosing lol
Or maybe they are trying to quickly hire a few more faculty members to make the class size big enough to accommodate everyone that interviewed.;)

Apparently the story is that this is the most competitive application pool they have had in a long time. Does not surprise me to hear, I was honestly shocked how laid back, friendly, and intelligent everyone I met was at the interviews and social. Turns the selection process into a coin toss!

Just got an email and I am on the alternate list. just wanted to let you know they told me 30 minutes ago.

Accepted!!! Wee!!! :soexcited:

(Via email, sent about 40 mins ago)

Reactions: 1 users
I've also been accepted! =)

Not accepted. Darn. :( Just happy I have back ups.

How long did they give to make deposits? I am also on the wait list and really hoping to get in...Feels like a longshot

Deposits were due about a week ago. I declined today, so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone!

How long did they give to make deposits? I am also on the wait list and really hoping to get in...Feels like a longshot
Deposits were due the 5th of February. Do they let you know your position on the waitlist? Good luck!

@astarblaze where did you end up accepting?!

Was bummed to decline Utah, but both Puget Sound and Drexel offered me pretty decently-sized scholarships (50k less debt is just too appealing to turn down), so currently deciding between those two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users