Has anyone heard of AMBOSS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radian313

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the question suggests, have you heard of it? It apparently has a Q bank and all....good clean interface....

AMBOSS

Trying to find a good Q bank for first year

Thanks Ya'll!

Members don't see this ad.

If you wanna give it a try, they gave us two week free codes when they came to our school: AMBOSS-YRWJ-C801-RA79
I like it, but I'm a third year, i didn't use it for basic sciences, and i know their material says it's only STEP 1 "Supplementary", so can't comment on that. But for clerkships, so far it's been super helpful.
AMBOSS-YRWJ-C801-RA79

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s what German medical students use for their board prep. It’s no replacement for uworld but it’s a good secondary qbank. I’ve been trying to incorporate it in my studies as a second year since i want to hold off on using uworld tqs until dedicated.

I really like that it explains the wrong answer choices well and it has a library for you to go as in-depth as you want. Stuff like firecracker often say “choice D is wrong because look at A.” A rep came and talked to us and gave our class a 50% off discount which made me buy it over Rx since it’s cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
The library is a nice feature but overall it hasn't been great.... there is something about the type of questions they ask that doesn't sinc up with the way NBMEs are written. I used it for PEDs/FM/Surgery/ and it hasn't delivered on SHELF . This is step 2 specific.

As the question suggests, have you heard of it? It apparently has a Q bank and all....good clean interface....

AMBOSS

Trying to find a good Q bank for first year

Thanks Ya'll!

Step 1 reccomendation is Firecracker + Uworld + Pathoma + FA + Step1 Zanki deck
if you want to add video do Boards and Beyond - although I wouldn't do their quizzes package or whatever they're selling now
These are the only rescources I used during the first 2 years - didn't even go to class
usually 90+% on inhouse exams and NBME
250+ on Step 1

Step 1 reccomendation is Firecracker + Uworld + Pathoma + FA + Step1 Zanki deck

Saying Firecracker and Zanki together is very redundant. If you are going to use zanki, I strongly suggest you skip out on firecracker mainly because the SRS in anki software IMO is much better, plus the content from the cards they have you memorize in Firecracker are not exactly "SRS" friendly to begin with.

Honestly, assuming your study habits are compatible, I would go as far as to say ignore firecracker altogether because anything FC does, Zanki does better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user