Has anyone interviewed at Shenandoah this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndearwater

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read all the interview feedback and they are all from last year... I'm wondering if anyone on here has interviewed there for the C/O 2010?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I'm officially getting nervous... 47 hours to go! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
ndearwater said:
Thanks! I'm officially getting nervous... 47 hours to go! :laugh:

YOU WILL DO FINE
GOOD LUCK

PHARMDhope2b said:
YOU WILL DO FINE
GOOD LUCK

Thank you! I arrived in VA today and actually went by the school's bookstore. The campus is beautiful and the whole area is very scenic. :) I"m so excited for tomorrow! The cold weather is so great :p Everyone cross your fingers ;)

You'll do great -- enjoy this fall weather!!! :)

crossjb said:
You'll do great -- enjoy this fall weather!!! :)

Thanks crossjb! ...Hey October 31st is around the corner... you should hear any day now! Keepin my fingers crossed for ya! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Good luck!! Take pictures. That is such a beautiful part of the country.

Okay so I think my interview went really well :) They asked me several situational questions and I answered them honestly and ethically.
OH yeah and I took lots of pictures (I'm still in Virginia actually) and it is sooo beautiful up here. Mountains, cold air ;) Love it! :love:

Good stuff, ndearwater! That's absolutely a great way to answer that question. You stuck to your ethical guns.

Also, Virginia in the fall is amazing... :thumbup:

This should be the week I hear back from UMN w/their Halloween deadline a week away... :eek: :scared:

ndearwater, I have an interview at Shenandoah in 2 weeks! i'm excited and nervous, therefore, could u give me any advice at all? thanks. i'm glad the interview went well for you :thumbup: (btw, ur answers sound really good). are they all gonna ask ethical questions like that? was the essay topic hard? :)

orchids said:
ndearwater, I have an interview at Shenandoah in 2 weeks! i'm excited and nervous, therefore, could u give me any advice at all? thanks. i'm glad the interview went well for you :thumbup: (btw, ur answers sound really good). are they all gonna ask ethical questions like that? was the essay topic hard? :)

check your pm :)

crossjb said:
Good stuff, ndearwater! That's absolutely a great way to answer that question. You stuck to your ethical guns.

Also, Virginia in the fall is amazing... :thumbup:

This should be the week I hear back from UMN w/their Halloween deadline a week away... :eek: :scared:

YAY! Good luck... anything going on with any other schools? Are you applyin' anywhere else? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ndearwater said:
YAY! Good luck... anything going on with any other schools? Are you applyin' anywhere else? :)

Thanks! I wish I had more to report... :D

Targeting schools in the Midwest and my other choices aren't rolling...

ndearwater said:
Okay so I think my interview went really well :) They asked me several situational questions and I answered them honestly and ethically. The student interviewer asked me how I would handle a situation where I worked with a pharmacist who showed up smelling like alcohol. I explained that I would not allow them to finish their shift, send them home and report them. I also said I would proceed to double check their work since there could be several errors etc. She then reworded the question..."Well what if it's your friend, and they just went to lunch for an hour and probably only had one drink and it had never happened before... then what?" I just stuck to my "report it" stance and explained that a lethal mistake could be made and I would feel responsible for not reporting the incidence no matter how isolated. I think I did the right thing and maybe she was testing how steady my answers would be.
My interview was only Friday and I can't stop checking my email but the coordinator told me I'd know within a month!!!
This is gonna be a looooong month! :laugh:

OH yeah and I took lots of pictures (I'm still in Virginia actually) and it is sooo beautiful up here. Mountains, cold air ;) Love it! :love:

Good luck! :luck:

ndearwater said:
I've read all the interview feedback and they are all from last year... I'm wondering if anyone on here has interviewed there for the C/O 2010?

I had an interview there on Oct. 21. There were pretty much the same questions from the interview feedbacks. They had a set of questions to be fair to each student. They were very nice people and make you feel at home.

SuperTech said:
I had an interview there on Oct. 21. There were pretty much the same questions from the interview feedbacks. They had a set of questions to be fair to each student. They were very nice people and make you feel at home.

Mine was the 21st as well... I still haven't heard back and it's been two weeks as of today. Now I know that Caz said it would be within a month but I can't help but notice that everyone seems to hear back either a week or two to the day. I'm getting nervous and impatient... :rolleyes: What a whiner I am!

orchids said:

Hey, what time was your interview today? I think I may have seen you twice. :)

FutureRxGal said:
Hey, what time was your interview today? I think I may have seen you twice. :)

My interview was at 10:00 AM. BTW, the facility is really nice and everyone was really nice & friendly. :)

orchids said:
My interview was at 10:00 AM. BTW, the facility is really nice and everyone was really nice & friendly. :)

Ah ok, that wasn't you then. This person was interviewing around noon. I'm glad you liked it. Was this your first interview (not with Shenandoah, but in general)?

FutureRxGal said:
Ah ok, that wasn't you then. This person was interviewing around noon. I'm glad you liked it. Was this your first interview (not with Shenandoah, but in general)?

Yes and I also have interviews scheduled for Mercer & Campbell. Oh I had my interview with Dr. Newton, do you know him? He seemed nice and fun to talk to but i don't know if he is picky or strict about the interview. :)

orchids said:
Yes and I also have interviews scheduled for Mercer & Campbell. Oh I had my interview with Dr. Newton, do you know him? He seemed nice and fun to talk to but i don't know if he is picky or strict about the interview. :)

He's great. :) Very nice guy. He's on the NAPLEX Review committee and a committee for the U.S. Pharmacopeia that writes the 797 standards for sterile compounding. He's also my Pharm Calc professor.

I had Dr. Newton too! He was so nice :) He showed me around the little old pharmacy and seemed really excited about it. I thought it was really cool!

FutureRxGal said:

Maybe that was me you saw... I had the interview around 11 til about noon (on 10/21)...

SuperTech said:
Maybe that was me you saw... I had the interview around 11 til about noon (on 10/21)...

Nah, this person would have had to be there at noon. Good luck to you, though. I've been up super early (and late last night) studying for a test today.

All of you interviewing at SU and for those who get accepted, be sure to brush up your test taking and time management skillz. We have a mininum of three tests/quizzes a week! :D