has anyone looked yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pudgyp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. My parents called tonight....the password is in. I don't think I can handle it though. What if I black out at my desk and fall and hit my head and no one will ever know my score....except aamc. Truth is, i'm an emotional wreck right now. Stomach is quivering...so are hands....thoughts racing through my mind. I need some support. I am not going to look until saturday....i need to build up some courage. is anyone in the same boat? :( :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

chill out brotha, the scores aren't even gonna be up for another 2 weeks.

go out and run till you wanna drop dead. get a funny movie (I love Something about Mary) and pig out on pop corn. Have fun with your friends. Meditate. Read a good book that gives you a new perspective on a few things in life (read Chicken Soup for the Soul or something like that).

Above all--remember that what is meant to be, will be. NO use stressing over something you can't change now. You might as well smile through your joys and sorrows and have faith in the fact that you will be a doctor someday.

My best wishes to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tweetie's got the right idea. Your MCAT score is ranked so far below what's really important in your life, it's amusing.

Let's see.....

The face of your future or present little girl when you get home
A compliment
The love of your family
Ice cream
A really good movie
Your first love
Christmas when you were young
Skiing/surfing/hiking/running, etc. (take your pick)
Holding hands
Finding out that a hot guy/girl is interested in you
Your health
Laughing

I hope I don't sound like a dork, but it's all true.

Originally posted by Toejam
Tweetie's got the right idea. Your MCAT score is ranked so far below what's really important in your life, it's amusing.

Let's see.....

The face of your future or present little girl when you get home
A compliment
The love of your family
Ice cream
A really good movie
Your first love
Christmas when you were young
Skiing/surfing/hiking/running, etc. (take your pick)
Holding hands
Finding out that a hot guy/girl is interested in you
Your health
Laughing

I hope I don't sound like a dork, but it's all true.

Somehow, I see the MCAT as a bit higher on the importance scale (it makes or breaks your career) than ice cream and a good movie..but I like your point =D

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
Somehow, I see the MCAT as a bit higher on the importance scale (it makes or breaks your career) than ice cream and a good movie..but I like your point =D

I think it's all relative. I agree with Toejam's comments because I believe in spirituality. If you are in the right frame of mind, and you envision yourself doing what you watn over and over and over again....it will happen. You will make it happen yourself. Anyway, like i said it's all relative. i know that after a month or two, the MCAT won't be as important as it seems now. Sure, a lot about your career depends on it. Actually, it doesn't depend on the MCAT..it depends on your performance on it. Someday we may all realize that whatever happened, happened for the best. Even if it means that we have to wait one extra year before we matriculate at med school, I have the belief that something bad that happens temporarily happens for a greater good.

And I am saying this without having a single COMPLETE file in Sept and no interviews. I just want to have the faith that what is meant to be, will be. Call me ignorant, but that's all I got for now. :)