Has anyone noticed....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeMyselfI

MeMyselfI
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
that the EK Home Study guide recommends using all of the 1001 question books except for the 1001 Biology? Did some random person make up this schedule, or is this the actual EK Home Study guide recommended by Jon Orsay?

Also, for those of you who used EK to study and did well on the actual MCAT, did you use the mini-MCATs? Are they absolutely necessary?

Members don't see this ad.

MeMyselfI said:
that the EK Home Study guide recommends using all of the 1001 question books except for the 1001 Biology? Did some random person make up this schedule, or is this the actual EK Home Study guide recommended by Jon Orsay?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing...

the reason why the schedule doesn't include the 1001 bio is because the schedule came out before the 1001 bio book first came out...which was around last june/july-ish.

maybe the latest schedule will be up on their website?

If I remember correctly, there wasn't a 1001 Biology available when I took the MCAT last year. I think that they were working on it but it hadn't been published yet. Okay, I just looked and it was published December 2004. So, I think that the practice schedule just hasn't been updated since they came out with the 1001 Biology. Not 100% about that, but I think that might be the reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for the replies. I feel a lot better. Hmmm. Now I have to figure out how to squeeze the 1001 Bio review in.

Does anyone have any feedback about the mini-MCATs?

MeMyselfI said:
Thanks so much for the replies. I feel a lot better. Hmmm. Now I have to figure out how to squeeze the 1001 Bio review in.

Does anyone have any feedback about the mini-MCATs?

I have the updated schedule including 1001 Bio. Just send me your email address and I will forward it to you. :thumbup:

maybe we can get bgreet to host it on his website.

amboree said:
I have the updated schedule including 1001 Bio. Just send me your email address and I will forward it to you. :thumbup:

amboree said:

Would it be possible for you to PM me instead?