Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Has anyone out there taken the MCAT 3 or more times and gotten in?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by gabbers22, May 15, 2002.

1. gabbers22

gabbers22 Member

Okay here's my story...I have taken the MCAT three times. Scores: 19P, 20P, 23Q. I am planning on taking the MCAT again this August to hopefully raise my score.
    Will this look bad to the Admsissions committee? Oh, this is my first time applying to DO schools.

Thanks
    gabbers22

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Flea girl

Flea girl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Gabbers,

I sent you a PM.

Flea girl

4. swimr

swimr Junior Member

I was actually wondering about that too. I've taken the mcat 3 times also, but don't want to take it again unless I'm going to get above 30. My most recent score is 27...yuck.

5. too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life

too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life Way too Sweet for you!!!!

Gabbers, I sent you a PM!!!

6. natureboy503

natureboy503 Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey gabbers22, yeah, i took the mcat four times and got into uhs class 2006. I actually applied with my third mcat score b/c on my forth mcat i scored lower. oops! anyway, it isnt unheard of by any means, just make sure that you improve your score each time or you'll have some explaining to do (like i did). i guess what got me in was my excellent EC's and my good rec letters. my mcat score wasnt that great.

7. Old Yeller

Old Yeller Member

I took the MCAT 3X also 24, 23, 26. These aren't the greatest scores, but I did get into UHS class of 2006 and got an interview with Nova. I've heard of people getting into school with lower than average MCAT scores, so long as they have other stuff to cover it, so Natureboy is right. For example, I've heard that people with 23's or 22's getting into Nova Southeastern's program. There are also people with less than 28's getting into some allopathic programs also, but again, it's because they had some great EC's and awesome letters of rec. Hang in there, and keep your chin up...

8. kate333

kate333 Junior Member

hey guys,

can you post up your GPA and your EC? and what schools you applied to and which ones you get into or get an interview?

thanks

9. PuppyLuv

PuppyLuv Member

took it 3 times (24,25,28).......... COMP class of 2005

10. KKay999

KKay999 Member

Gabbers, I sent you a PM.

KKAY999