Has anyone received a call from Pitt yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope I get a call today. I'm so nervous :scared: :barf:

Members don't see this ad.

i havent gotten a call... :(

PickMe said:
i havent gotten a call... :(

Rose said accepted applicants will be contacted by phone. But did she mention whether or not we could call and check? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
alfie5884 said:
Rose said accepted applicants will be contacted by phone. But did she mention whether or not we could call and check? :confused:

I'm wondering about this too.

drengineer said:
I'm wondering about this too.

Are you going to call? I'll give you the honors :smuggrin: :laugh:

I think i'll just wait till somebody posts something here or somebody actually gets a call from them.

I called this morning and there is a message that said DONT CALL ABOUT ADMISSIONS! But it did say if you have questions you could email. So email and ask! I think she calls otherwise.

But this not written in stone. I could be wrong.

Hey Guys,
I just e-mailed Ms. Mangold and about ten minutes later she called me on my cell and told me I was accepted. I'm pretty excited because Pitt was one of my top choices. I really sensed a very caring and supportive atmosphere when I interviewed there. If you guys e-mail her she'll probably get back to you very quickly as well. Good luck.

she told us specifically not to call and to wait for a phone call if not today, then tomorrow.

Rose called me right after she received my e-mail. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the school and the exposure that you can get to almost every specialty including anesthesia. I'm going to have a hard time deciding.

I emailed about 20 minutes ago and I am dying to know!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call! It took an hour and a half, but I got it!!! It's my first choice!! Don't worry if you are waiting for a call from them, I was told she had tons of people to call! Good luck to you all!!

sunphish said:
I got the call! It took an hour and a half, but I got it!!! It's my first choice!! Don't worry if you are waiting for a call from them, I was told she had tons of people to call! Good luck to you all!!

Congratulations Sunphish! I'm glad for you. I'm looking at my cell phone right now... but it's not ringing!

drengineer said:
Congratulations Sunphish! I'm glad for you. I'm looking at my cell phone right now... but it's not ringing!
What a coincidence. I'm doing the exact same thing instead of studying for my tests. awesome

sunphish said:

CONGRATS! Now go out and party until Monday :D :laugh:

Just got the call at 5pm :)

gatorchc27 said:
Just got the call at 5pm :)

CONGRATS!

Did you e-mail Rose before you got the call? Did she call you at home or on your cell? :)

Interview: 11/21
Got a call on the cell phone, but that's the only number they have for me
Good luck!

drengineer said:

Thank you! I literally stared at my cell phone the entire day. I had it out on my desk in every class and I finally had to put it away because I couldn't concentrate on anything else.
Hopefully by the time you read this you will have had the call, but if not, don't worry yet. I don't believe they called that many today, and they started late, so keep your chin up and hopefully we'll be in the same class!!

alfie5884 said:
CONGRATS! Now go out and party until Monday :D :laugh:

Yeah right, I wish. Now I have to go study for all my finals next week that I have hardly cracked a book for since I've been worrying about dental school! Ugh! I think I'll party after I pull a 4.0 for the semester. Totally and completely kidding, because sadly, that's never going to happen.

Anyway, Good luck, hope you hear soon!

PS. Did you interview on 11/28 by any chance?

sunphish said:
Thank you! I literally stared at my cell phone the entire day. I had it out on my desk in every class and I finally had to put it away because I couldn't concentrate on anything else.
Hopefully by the time you read this you will have had the call, but if not, don't worry yet. I don't believe they called that many today, and they started late, so keep your chin up and hopefully we'll be in the same class!!

yeah i didnt hear yet either and Pitt is one of my top choices. Hopefully tomorrow i will get the call!

sunphish said:
Yeah right, I wish. Now I have to go study for all my finals next week that I have hardly cracked a book for since I've been worrying about dental school! Ugh! I think I'll party after I pull a 4.0 for the semester. Totally and completely kidding, because sadly, that's never going to happen.

Anyway, Good luck, hope you hear soon!

PS. Did you interview on 11/28 by any chance?

No, I was interviewed on 11/21. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow :D

alfie5884 said:
No, I was interviewed on 11/21. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow :D

We heard from everyone that your group was really bubbly and full of questions! :thumbup: Always good to be associated with fun people! :)

sunphish said:
We heard from everyone that your group was really bubbly and full of questions! :thumbup: Always good to be associated with fun people! :)

I hope that's a good sign. If you don't mind, I'll continue staring at my phone until tomorrow :laugh:

I just woke up from my nap. I have a very wierd sleep schedule.

No call from Pitt yet, but there is always tomorrow.

I'm goint to be praying for the rest of the night.

I did look at my cell phone all day and kept on checking that it's not on silent. My buddy didn't leave my side even for a second but it throughly disappointed me by not ringing.

do we know yet if they called everyone today? :confused:

Anyone get that special call today? :D Nothing for me yet.