Has anyone recieved an informal acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

briansle

Cell A
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a young dentist, and she told me she recieved info from schools before Dec 1. The school sent out like a letter saying how much they would appreciate if she chose their school. But the actual formal acceptance came on Dec 1.

Anybody else getting stuff like this?

Members don't see this ad.

briansle said:
I know a young dentist, and she told me she recieved info from schools before Dec 1. The school sent out like a letter saying how much they would appreciate if she chose their school. But the actual formal acceptance came on Dec 1.

Anybody else getting stuff like this?

Sounds more like a post interview thank you letter to me. Maybe they sent it to all interviewees after the interview just to make sure you know that they are interested in you. (In the other words, if they were not interested in you, they would not have interview you.) So, I do'nt think it means much.

MissingPolaris said:
Sounds more like a post interview thank you letter to me. Maybe they sent it to all interviewees after the interview just to make sure you know that they are interested in you. (In the other words, if they were not interested in you, they would not have interview you.) So, I do'nt think it means much.

BTW, I'm not talking about myself.

She just told me she got recruitment letters asking her to come to their school, and they were rather specific. Not just thank you letters.

Then again this person was a Yale grad with perfect stats, so I assume schools would be competing for her.