Has anyone started reading biology/chemistry book during summer out of boredom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Have you started reading a bio/chem textbook during summer out of boredom

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stacker

n = 1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone started reading biology/chemistry book during summer out of boredom. I have nothing productive to do during the summer before my freshmen year of college. I checked out a chem. and microbiology book and started reading it and eventually quit because I found out that that is more boring than boredom. Haha. Has anyone attempted this?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I have ever been that bored! :laugh: Besides....too busy studying for the DAT and after that's done I will not be reading a darn thing until I have to when school starts in the fall.

who needs reading when there's youtube :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Read good literature and hone your writing skills. It will come in handy.

Summer jobs can be very useful..... if you can get one (which I cant seem to do thanks to the wonderful economy).

have some fun in the summer! you're not even a freshman yet. before you know it your summers will be consumed with either work/volunteering/studying for the DAT etc. enjoy laziness while you still can afford it.

have some fun in the summer! you're not even a freshman yet. before you know it your summers will be consumed with either work/volunteering/studying for the DAT etc. enjoy laziness while you still can afford it.

You're stats make me think you are my long lost twin....:laugh:

Out of boredom? Nope. Preparing for a fall class, or getting ready for the DAT 1 year early, yes.

I've read my ap biology book again.

I can't wait for college. No more busy work. That means easy A's

:lol::lol::lol:

i mean, if you don't count 10-15 page lab reports for a 1 hr class, covering a chapter a day for some of your science classes, or making sure you have your research projects done as busy work...then YES, you are correct....

...easy A's...:lol::lol::lol:(that deserves a few more)

[oh, you'll prob find that your easiest classes will the be ones that have the most "busy work" associated with them - just throwing that out there]

You actually study for future classes.......

I review. Before I start Genetics in a month, I'm reading the genetics section in my bio book. I had a semester off between chem 1 and 2, so I read a few chapters and did some problems. I don't actually go full out and study the new material. I just freshen up on the things I'm expected to know already.

20% yes! Oh dear!

Let me help you guys help yourselves.
crown-royal-purple.jpg

Most of my professors have liked testing on things almost solely based on what they focus on in lecture. How does reviewing ahead of time for the class help on the tests on those classes...?

All you guys make me proud, I wish I was like that. :D

During the summer, I just have fun. Nothing productive gets done.
Unfortunately, this might be the last summer I have left :eek: