Has Anyone taken a look at AAMC's WS examples?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supafield

Dream Big
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The essays they show as getting 5's and 6's look like a verbal passage lol and seem much too long and thought out to be done in 30 minutes....

TPR taught us to be very structural but the AAMC examples... use ridiculous diction as well as grammatical devices...

I've met people that have gotten Q's and R's on the writing sample in my TPR class and I was doing fairly well compared to them... something makes me think these examples are a little extreme...

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I only fill about 2 and a bit of the third page of those AAMC booklets for each essay and I write fairly large so I don't know how those people can write so much unless they're doing CBT. Heck if I was doing CBT I would write double what I wrote now; I'm a a great typist but a horrible writer (hand).

Yeah, and I find that they expect a LOT for 4 whereas Kaplan told me that you just need to complete the 3 tasks to get a 4. What did TPR tell you guys about how to get a 4? Of course it would be nice to get a 5-6, but given my pathetic writing skills, I want to ensure that I can at least get a 4.

Just to attack the essay very structurally...

Explain Terms and provide an example in the first paragraph

Counterexample in the second paragraph

Bring it together in the last paragraph and set conditions for when it's one way or the other....

I'm going to start fluffing up my sentences if that's what they really want.... which their examples would have you believe...
I need a Q! so a couple 4's and a couple 5's I'm typically a good writer and wasn't worried about this till just recent

lol it's always something