Has anyone taken or preparing IL MPJE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1last

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing for the IL MPJE exam and has lots of questions about Controlled Substances and Pharmacy Practice rules.. Can anyone give me a concrete answer for the following questions...
How many times a non controlled substance can be transferred from one pharmacy to another. I am talking about the regular prescription prescribed by registered physicians, etc..
For CII, I believe it cannot be transferred under any circumstances, and CIII to V can be transferred only once.. Is these right?
For Methadone narcotic treatment... If a physician prescribed methadone in narcotic treatment facility where does the patient fill the methadone? I believe it cannot be filled in community pharmacy..so where else? Is it provided only in narcotic treatment clinic?
Another question, for the renewal of pharmacist's license.. According to PPA, the license of every registrants expired on March 31 of even numbered years,except for Pharmacy tech license that expires annually .How if a person receives a license to practice pharmacy in let say October 2013, when will be the expiration date of the license and when should the pharmacist renew the license..Is it March 31, 2016? How if the license was issued in 2015? When does the pharmacist need to renew the license if even numbered year, Is it 2016? I read somewhere that they are exempted for the first year of renewal period, but I did not clearly understand the explanation.
Is there anyone out there who could answer my questions... I will really appreciate it.

Update:
I was so lucky that these questions did not appear on my test..I thought I failed but so happy I passed. Thank you to all those people who helped me through my licensing process. I could not believe this is over!!! For all IL Mpje applicants just focus on Pharmacy Practice Act. Understand the details and learn how to apply the rules on situational settings... I found the question very straight forward not tricky at all. Just study the pharmacy practice in general and the controlled substance information..Edward Rickert notes are helpful, however some of the questions on the test were not mentioned on the packet..There were couple of questions/topics not even included in Illinois pharmacy act..
Study hard read the questions carefully and in every question eliminate wrong answers that are obviously not right and then pick the best answer based on IL rule..
For me, mpje is way easier than Naplex..You do not need to memorize lots of information ..Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello! Sorry for the late reply. I took MPJE on Thursday and result was out the following Tuesday...only 2 to 3 working days..Generally, it depends on continental testing.For other test takers, they had to wait for 5 to 7 working days..
Thank you. I know you will definitely pass as well...

Last edited:
I am preparing for the IL MPJE exam and has lots of questions about Controlled Substances and Pharmacy Practice rules.. Can anyone give me a concrete answer for the following questions...
How many times a non controlled substance can be transferred from one pharmacy to another. I am talking about the regular prescription prescribed by registered physicians, etc..
For CII, I believe it cannot be transferred under any circumstances, and CIII to V can be transferred only once.. Is these right?
For Methadone narcotic treatment... If a physician prescribed methadone in narcotic treatment facility where does the patient fill the methadone? I believe it cannot be filled in community pharmacy..so where else? Is it provided only in narcotic treatment clinic?
Another question, for the renewal of pharmacist's license.. According to PPA, the license of every registrants expired on March 31 of even numbered years,except for Pharmacy tech license that expires annually .How if a person receives a license to practice pharmacy in let say October 2013, when will be the expiration date of the license and when should the pharmacist renew the license..Is it March 31, 2016? How if the license was issued in 2015? When does the pharmacist need to renew the license if even numbered year, Is it 2016? I read somewhere that they are exempted for the first year of renewal period, but I did not clearly understand the explanation.
Is there anyone out there who could answer my questions... I will really appreciate it.

Update:
I was so lucky that these questions did not appear on my test..I thought I failed but so happy I passed. Thank you to all those people who helped me through my licensing process. I could not believe this is over!!! For all IL Mpje applicants just focus on Pharmacy Practice Act. Understand the details and learn how to apply the rules on situational settings... I found the question very straight forward not tricky at all. Just study the pharmacy practice in general and the controlled substance information..Edward Rickert notes are helpful, however some of the questions on the test were not mentioned on the packet..There were couple of questions/topics not even included in Illinois pharmacy act..
Study hard read the questions carefully and in every question eliminate wrong answers that are obviously not right and then pick the best answer based on IL rule..
For me, mpje is way easier than Naplex..You do not need to memorize lots of information ..Good luck!!

Do you buy any chance have Dr. Rickert's notes that you would like to share? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!