RUscrewed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
New Brunswick, NJ
Status
I thought that they were fairly well known, but I haven't seen anything on them on these threads. Does anybody have experience with Columbia Review? If so, how well do you think it prepares you in comparison with the other courses. I think they are supposed to be well known for their verbal section.

natureboy

that's the bottom line
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
Know Your Role Blvd & Jabroni Drive
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I don't know anything about their sciences, but I did spend $75 on their verbal book several years ago to work on my verbal skills before EK's 101 ever came out. I can tell you that their verbal is definitely not worth it. I could have gotten two of EK's book at that price. However, I have heard that their science is pretty good though.

mishjtnyu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
RUscrewed: what is the Columbia Review ? Where is it held? You have any information about it?

RUscrewed said:
I thought that they were fairly well known, but I haven't seen anything on them on these threads. Does anybody have experience with Columbia Review? If so, how well do you think it prepares you in comparison with the other courses. I think they are supposed to be well known for their verbal section.

natureboy

that's the bottom line
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
Know Your Role Blvd & Jabroni Drive
Status
Resident [Any Field]
RUscrewed said:
thanks natureboy. i bought their verbal powerbuilder book many years ago, but wanted to see if people had positive experiences with them.

mishjtnyu: other than knowing that they're a review class, i know nothing else. check out the website below perhaps.
Yeah, their verbal book is about the same thing as verbal powerbuilder but with more of the horrible passages. Just a little thing that I figured out: the stuff from that powerbuilder book no longer belongs to columbia review but belongs to the publisher and was illegal for them to use stuff from powerbuilder. That's what they told me, but when I bought it, there were stuff in their verbal book that was part of verbal powerbuilder. When I went through their book which I believe can't be returned to them I felt like I wanted to report them for illegal activity. :mad: Oh well...heh, maybe I should have reported them after all? :D