1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Has anyone taken the DAT without Kaplan?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dragonfly9, Jan 3, 2002.

1. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

Just curious. I don't have the money for the course. I am sure my parents would help out if I asked, but I really don't want to ask them unless I am in big trouble if I don't take it.

2. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Dragonfly9,

Kaplan has great tools for DAT studies, in my opinion, you're really paying for the access to those studying tools and materials. The courses and lectures themselves didn't really help me at all, as matter of fact, I skipped quite a few! Maybe someone else can attest to this as well!

I listed a topic/post in this forum earlier today a website link where you can get a lot of extremely helpful studying materials for the DAT that you can invest in in lieu to the >$1000 Kaplan course! Be sure to check out that post and the website.

The topic/post's name is:

Dental Adimissions Test Studying Materials

Happy studying! :cool:

3. dragonfly9

dragonfly9 Frickin' Chicken
    7+ Year Member

Thanks a bunch. I am thinking that I won't bother with the course, mainly because I do have books and the top score CD and I have never had trouble with standardized exams before. Lets hope that doesn't change! That link does have a lot of helpful suggestions. Thanks again!

4. booshwa

booshwa Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I didn't take the class, and several people I know haven't taken the class. I think the only good thing about Kaplan is that they give you some material to study-but I'm sure you can find other things out there and not have to shell out $1000+. Also, if you know anybody who has taken the class, you can just use their study material.