7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2003
San Francisco
Visit site
Status
Dentalist said:
If so, I would appreciate it if you could share your expereinces. :D
The denture course at UCLA was a three day course where you learned how to place teeth for dentures. Although I thought it was fun and it was great cuz i met cool people like ecdoesit there ;) I can't say that I learned a great deal. You do learn several terms like the curve of wilson etc. and you get to keep your final product (aka your final exam). I honestly think this class is good for getting a feel of the precision that is required in the field of dentistry. It's also a great way to have something to put on your resume and even better if you get a letter of recommendation. To get a letter of recommendation, you have to score a certain amount of points on the final exam which includes precision and looks. One thing that I liked was that the class was TA-ed by a couple of 4th year dental students so after the class we were able to ask them a ton of questions about applying and what not. I'm not sure what else there is to say about it. I personally didn't do well enough to get a letter of rec (but I didn't need one at that point cuz I already turned in my app), but I just took the class for fun. All it takes is practice though. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me...and like I said, ecdoesit took the class too so you can ask him about it.

Hoffa24

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
Status
I took it and really enjoyed it. It was a great way to try out dentistry "hands on". If anyone has any particular questions, just send me a pm.

About the Ads

ecdoesit

DDS/MS
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Status
Thanks Busdriver. Ya, in addition to the putting on teeth procedure, you getta use the CE section of the dental lab! This is only for graduated dentists only, as I heard. And I believe UCLA is one of the fews, LLU is probably the other one, that offers such class for pre-dental students. We have many out-of-state student came. I would suggest to come during the summer and spend some time to relax and enjoy our So Cal weather. And dont forget SD is just a few miles away.

Besides the learning process, you getta meet pre-dental students. I met one of my future classmate there. And we have been friend ever since. And of cos, Busdriver is another person going to dental sch. I would suggest to talk with other students during lunch time or somehow.

Except for the tragedy that striked during the course, I wont mind having the same class again. If you happen to be in the same course, could you pm me?

tomwong

15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
I am interested in taking this denture course... after I checked on the UCLA website, it didn't provide an exact date (or dates) except "June". Does anyone know which date in June???

ecdoesit

DDS/MS
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Status
I would email them to ask.
Please share ur info once you know the answer.
Thanks

Btw, i was in that picture along with Busdriver.
At the very bottom, I m standing right next to the big UCLA TA
and busdriver is next to me.

About the Ads