Has anyone taken the denture course at UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, I would appreciate it if you could share your expereinces. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Dentalist said:
If so, I would appreciate it if you could share your expereinces. :D

The denture course at UCLA was a three day course where you learned how to place teeth for dentures. Although I thought it was fun and it was great cuz i met cool people like ecdoesit there ;) I can't say that I learned a great deal. You do learn several terms like the curve of wilson etc. and you get to keep your final product (aka your final exam). I honestly think this class is good for getting a feel of the precision that is required in the field of dentistry. It's also a great way to have something to put on your resume and even better if you get a letter of recommendation. To get a letter of recommendation, you have to score a certain amount of points on the final exam which includes precision and looks. One thing that I liked was that the class was TA-ed by a couple of 4th year dental students so after the class we were able to ask them a ton of questions about applying and what not. I'm not sure what else there is to say about it. I personally didn't do well enough to get a letter of rec (but I didn't need one at that point cuz I already turned in my app), but I just took the class for fun. All it takes is practice though. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me...and like I said, ecdoesit took the class too so you can ask him about it.

I took it and really enjoyed it. It was a great way to try out dentistry "hands on". If anyone has any particular questions, just send me a pm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Busdriver. Ya, in addition to the putting on teeth procedure, you getta use the CE section of the dental lab! This is only for graduated dentists only, as I heard. And I believe UCLA is one of the fews, LLU is probably the other one, that offers such class for pre-dental students. We have many out-of-state student came. I would suggest to come during the summer and spend some time to relax and enjoy our So Cal weather. And dont forget SD is just a few miles away.

Besides the learning process, you getta meet pre-dental students. I met one of my future classmate there. And we have been friend ever since. And of cos, Busdriver is another person going to dental sch. I would suggest to talk with other students during lunch time or somehow.

Except for the tragedy that striked during the course, I wont mind having the same class again. If you happen to be in the same course, could you pm me?

I am interested in taking this denture course... after I checked on the UCLA website, it didn't provide an exact date (or dates) except "June". Does anyone know which date in June???

I would email them to ask.
Please share ur info once you know the answer.
Thanks

Btw, i was in that picture along with Busdriver.
At the very bottom, I m standing right next to the big UCLA TA
and busdriver is next to me.