Has anyone taken the Free Princeton Review Practice MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took this and I am feeling very sad and discouraged because I scored a 25 with a 6 in verbal. My exam is in April. Has anyone else taken this? What are your thoughts about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I thought it was fair. Didn't see anything particularly wrong or unfair about it.

Scored a 23 with a 9 in verbal, however, it was my first test. Looking back, it doesn't seem that bad.
It is probably a little harder than the other TPR diagnostics but not by much.

Speaking of which, how are the free practice tests (Kaplan, Princeton, Gold Standard, etc.) compared to the AAMC Practice Tests? Close enough?

I just took this and I am feeling very sad and discouraged because I scored a 25 with a 6 in verbal. My exam is in April. Has anyone else taken this? What are your thoughts about it?

Don't stress out too much. How are you scoring in verbal on other tests? AAMCs should be most representative, esp with verbal. I scored a 6 on TPR free test's verbal too, but was mostly ~11 for AAMCs (low 10 and high 13). I ended up with 11 on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
A 25 on a TPR test is not that bad since those tests are harder than the AAMC tests.

My first TPR: 20
My last TPR (which is the free test): 28

My AAMC tests: 31, 31, 32 (so far)

At least for me, the TPR tests are consistently about 2-4 points higher than my practice AAMC scores.

I guess not that many people are using this diagnostic? I'm trying to find out if I should do this since it will be a waste of time with no solutions...

A lot of people use this diagnostic... it's just that no one talks about it.... I'm a rewriter, I got a 27 on my TPR Diagnostic.

I had done some content review... I got a 10 in Bio, an 11 in verbal and a lousy 6 in PS.

Clearly my PS needed some work, I'd always hated physics. Anyways, on the actual test, my score was a 12 in Bio and a 10 in verbal, with an 8 in PS. I'm rewriting, because my AAMC averages were higher, and I think I just needed some more time with PS. But the TPR tests are exceptionally more difficult than the practice AAMC tests. However, most people go into the actual test, and are like... what the.... if they've only done the AAMC practice tests. The passages seem longer, questions more obscure, way less math in most cases.

Use as many different practice tests as you can. Kaplan/TBR/TPR/AAMC, just get a feel for many different types of questions and you'll be fine.

Just don't choke on test day like I did. :)

A lot of people use this diagnostic... it's just that no one talks about it.... I'm a rewriter, I got a 27 on my TPR Diagnostic.

I had done some content review... I got a 10 in Bio, an 11 in verbal and a lousy 6 in PS.

Clearly my PS needed some work, I'd always hated physics. Anyways, on the actual test, my score was a 12 in Bio and a 10 in verbal, with an 8 in PS. I'm rewriting, because my AAMC averages were higher, and I think I just needed some more time with PS. But the TPR tests are exceptionally more difficult than the practice AAMC tests. However, most people go into the actual test, and are like... what the.... if they've only done the AAMC practice tests. The passages seem longer, questions more obscure, way less math in most cases.

Use as many different practice tests as you can. Kaplan/TBR/TPR/AAMC, just get a feel for many different types of questions and you'll be fine.

Just don't choke on test day like I did. :)

Does the TPR test give you just the answers or the solutions as well?

I think the TPR test is pretty indicative of an MCAT. A subtle change in terms of font, layout, and such, but nothing contentwise. I scored a 24 on the real mcat, (6vr, 8 ps, 10 bs), and a 24 on the tpr (6vr, 8 ps, 10bs). I thought it was a good diagnostic to establish a good baseline where you stood prior to studying for the actual exam.

Don't worrry about the 6, there are lots of verbal strategies to make it all work. Gotta figure out the one that works for you. Also, don't burn out through your vr passages, especially EK and AAMC-you want to save them until you realize your strategy is working. Get good at doing passages 8 min each, then start stringing them up for longer sessions. a good number of friends of mine starting stringing them up, even when they couldn't do one on time, and burned through tons of valuable study material. You can do it boss-I tried several different tactics and bumped mine up to 10. just give yourself some time, and perservere! I know there were plenty of times where i only got 1 question right/passage. Boy, those were tough days.