Has anyone taken the PR MCAT course online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmed44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I took the PR course March-May '10 and took MCAT Aug '10 to receive a 19. I went up 6 pts from my baseline then and of course, need to retake.

I am debating between the classroom course again or the online course - does anyone have any feedback on the online course?

I'm in Boston and the snow is insane to commute to the classroom, so I was thinking of switching it up a bit and trying the online.

I really need STRATEGY for my retake. I struggled a lot with quick decision making during the practice tests and really want to restrategize for round 2.

Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

...I took the PR course March-May '10 and took MCAT Aug '10 to receive a 19...I really need STRATEGY for my retake.

Mods - please move to MCAT

OP - what was wrong with the PR "STRATEGY" that you were given when you took the classroom course the first time? What worked and what didn't? What would be different this time around?

If you've already taken the class, what is it you think you can get out of it the second time around?

I'm in the online class now. I kind of hate it. Mostly because it's hard to pay attention just staring at a power point than actually having a live person talk to you.

If it's decision making you struggled with and not the material, the class isn't going to help you as much as practice. Do lots of passages, if you feel like you're weak on the material use the 1001s to find your weaknesses and go over them on your own. Do you really want to listen to 105 hours or so of lecture when you could be working on your own individualized study plan?

Agreed. I took the online class as well - I didn't mind it, but I was also moving at the time so the classroom course wasn't an option for me. If you've taken the MCAT once now, the online class shouldn't be a problem. However, if it's strategy you want, it doesn't sound like you need to retake the class, it sounds like you should rather work to develop more effective studying and/or testing skills. I can't really remember, but I think PR does offer strategy workshops?