Has anyone tried ESSAY EDGE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in having a professional review my personal statement to make sure it's perfect. Has anyone tried Essay Edge, or another service that is really good?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
May I please see the PM too??? I am interested in knowing more about this issue.

Thanks,
Tweets

Tweetie, I sent you a PM today too. :)

Hi there,
Can i also see the PM??
Thank you!

Can someone please PM me with the info too? I am thinking about trying EssayEdge and I'd like some input. Thanks.

Could u please sent me a PM too??? Please,...

I used Essay Edge a few weeks ago for my personal statement. It was about $60 for the med school ps. I would recommend it, although I can't say I highly recommend it. I guess it would depend why you need the service. I needed the service to focus my essay and make it flow better. My editor did a really nice job with that. However, I didn't like her writing style and changed a lot of the wording back to how I originally had it. She wrote things that would have never come out of my mouth such as: it was a "soothing" experience. Others who have read my essay agree that her writing wasn't all that great. I am really happy I used the service, because I was having a really hard time staying on track, making the essay fit into the framework I wanted to use (telling a story about one summer of my life and how that affected me), and making it flow. If all you need is to reword some things I wouldn't recommend Essay Edge. Of course... I suppose it all depends on the editor you get!

Members don't see this ad :)
PM me too, please.

Thanks

I'd like to get a copy of that PM too. Thanks!

A PM for me as well, please. Thanks!

Thanks for making me laugh :D :D :D . The PM wasn't THAT interesting. I havn't personally used Essayedge, but I am considering it. The SDNer SarahL was a happy customer, and she has used them on a few occasions.

I want a PM too!!

Thats OK, I don't need a PM.

PM's defeat the purpose of a discussion thread. Share the wealth!

One point about essay services...
I think the service is obligated to make changes to any essay that you submit, regardless of the quality. If you paid the 60$, handed in your essay and they gave it back to you a week later with absolutely no alterations, saying "it's perfect", I think you would be a little pissed at having dumped the money for nothing. They understand this, and therefore must make changes, even if they are unnecessary.

So if you are a good writer there is no need for this type of service. However, if you write like me, then this service might come in handy.

Hmmm....I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect essay. Writing is probably my best subject, and I chose to use a professional editing service because I wanted my essay to be exceptional. Essay Edge editors always offered helpful comments.

The best advice, however, came from my sister, who is a superb writer. She could shape not only the style of my essay, but also its content, in a way that an anonymous editor never could. My advice is to use a professional editing service if you think you need it and also show your essay to as many other people as will let you.

And remember that it's still going to be lame, no matter how well written it is, because application essays always come out dorky. Mine do, at least. To my mind they are more or less the 500-word equivalent of getting down on your knees and saying, please, please recognize that I am special and let me in, and by the way some grants would be nice too, if you don't mind? Everyone's opinion on just how to ask this is different, and in the end you just have to go with what sounds right to you.

Hope this helps! Lots of luck to you.

SarahL

I need the PM too!

Is anyone having a really hard time getting started? I have been spinning my wheels for about a week.

HELP: SOS

hey ..plss send me a copy of the PM too ..thanx

Why not just post the PM for everyone to read?

I'm sorry :( . I didn't mean to keep any secrets from anyone. But I really didn't have much informaton about essay edge. I posted a similar question at the end of April and one of the comments I got was

the essay is YOUR voice to adcoms. nuff said

I just felt like some people didn't support this kind of service so I just wanted to let them know.

Please forgive me ...

Um, how the heck did you get your 5000 word essay check for $60? Where do I go for that 'cuz when i went to essay edge i saw prices at like hundreds of dollars, ridiculous

our essays are < 5000 characters. my essay is 685 words.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by lola:
•our essays are < 5000 characters. my essay is 685 words.•••••Damn, my essay is over a thousand... I'm trying to cut it down! It's so hard to write so much is so few words!

I'm a terrible writer...I was thinking about it too...can I get a PM too please? :)