Has anyone used Credit by Examination for Prereqs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggie-master

Scrub
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what dental schools do if someone has AP, CLEP, or CBE credit for their prereqs. Do they make you take the course again, do they let it slide since you have other higher level science courses, or have they accepted it.

I know that not all schools are the same but I just want to know what other people's experiences have been.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure about the science prereqs, but I used 4 AP English credits toward my English credit prereqs & that was okay w/the schools I applied to (I called & checked ahead of time though).

I used AP Chem credit to pass out of my Gen Chem prereqs and I did not have a problem anywhere except one school where they asked. But they ended giving me an interview anyway so I guess they didn't care. I think it should be okay-some schools like USC have restrictions.

I had 10 hours of AP Biology credit I used toward my pre-requisites, and no schools had a problem with it.