1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Has anyone used Credit by Examination for Prereqs???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by aggie-master, Apr 6, 2004.

1. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'm just wondering what dental schools do if someone has AP, CLEP, or CBE credit for their prereqs. Do they make you take the course again, do they let it slide since you have other higher level science courses, or have they accepted it.

I know that not all schools are the same but I just want to know what other people's experiences have been.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kpdanek

kpdanek Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm not sure about the science prereqs, but I used 4 AP English credits toward my English credit prereqs & that was okay w/the schools I applied to (I called & checked ahead of time though).

4. Mangocat

Mangocat Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I used AP Chem credit to pass out of my Gen Chem prereqs and I did not have a problem anywhere except one school where they asked. But they ended giving me an interview anyway so I guess they didn't care. I think it should be okay-some schools like USC have restrictions.

5. misogi

misogi Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I had 10 hours of AP Biology credit I used toward my pre-requisites, and no schools had a problem with it.