Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Has anyone used online science review?

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum (Sponsored)' started by archeiai777, Dec 27, 2008.

1. archeiai777

Pre-Medical
    Has anyone actually used the Kaplan online Science Review system? I think it is supposed to have lectures etc and costs $500. I was thinking about going this route to hopefully get a good science review (PS is my weakest) and some good test taking strategies then supplementing with the Comprehensive Kaplan review book and full Examkrackers set, maybe TBR for Gen Chm and Physics - would the later be necessary if I purchase the Kaplan book? I also plan on the 8 emcat practice tests. Does anyone think the Science Review online was useful for them and/or worth the $$$???:oops:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Stony003

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm sorry that no one has replied to your post yet despite the large number of people who use Kaplan. I got the "Science Review" free for signing up before Nov. 1st. In my opinion, since you have the Kaplan comprehensive review book and the EK set, there is no reason to spend $500 on the science review. The science review is just a bunch of slides that goes into a little more detail than the Kaplan review notes do. I've gone through the organic section and it goes into as much detail as an overview of reactions. The explanations are better but not significantly. I would definitely save my 500 bucks on applying rather than the science review. It's not anything you can't find in the books you already have or your class textbooks if you want to dig a little deeper. Good luck!