Has anyone with a PCAT Score under a ..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forgiven4889

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with a PCAT score of like a 75 or below gotten into pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

No, you really need like a 90 or above to get into any pharmacy school.

J/K... I got into U.F. with a 72%. However I don't recommend it. Everything else on my app was pretty damn good, so thats probably the only reason I slipped by. I could have retaken it, and sometimes wish I would have, because they send out letters to the highest scores and GPAs first. I didn't hear anything until late April, so I was sweating it out for a while. It can be done though.

In contrast, I had horrible grades 10 years ago which gave me an awful overall GPA (<2.5), though my last 3 years of school were great. Still, my overall was very low. I did well on PCAT (>90) and was one of the "first draft" interviews/accepted.

To be fair, the time between my bad schooling and current schooling was significant and may have caused them to ignore my past and focus on my current or to even take it as proof of dedication, I don't honestly know.

Depending on the school, they will look at you as a person/potential pharmacist before your scores (or vice-versa). I wish I could provide a list of which schools used which method, but I canna.