DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
Hey guys, I"m doing a senior project for my residency on medical malpractice reform, and I would like to contact any of you that have worked in either the legal field with medical malpractice, or the insurance industry (especially insurance underwriting). PLEASE PM me if you have. Thanks!

Q, DO

beanbean

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2002
Connecticut
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Greetings from Hartford, the Insurance Capital of the World!

I know lots of people that work for various insurance companies, but no one in those areas. Sorry! If you really get stuck send me a PM and I will ask around up here. I have a friend who was an executive at Aetna and she may know someone.

I can add that there are lots of big houses around here filled with insurance executives and lawyers so somebody is making good money! However, Cigna is supposed to be having big layoffs in the next few weeks.

Deirdre

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
Indianapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Dentist
Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Hey guys, I"m doing a senior project for my residency on medical malpractice reform, and I would like to contact any of you that have worked in either the legal field with medical malpractice, or the insurance industry (especially insurance underwriting). PLEASE PM me if you have. Thanks!

Q, DO
Geez, Quinn. You're an EM resident, you're trying to get a book to press before this summer, now a dissertation on tort reform...I really wish you'd stop lazing around and start doing something productive with your life. :eek:

About the Ads

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by beanbean
Greetings from Hartford, the Insurance Capital of the World!

I know lots of people that work for various insurance companies, but no one in those areas. Sorry! If you really get stuck send me a PM and I will ask around up here. I have a friend who was an executive at Aetna and she may know someone.

I can add that there are lots of big houses around here filled with insurance executives and lawyers so somebody is making good money! However, Cigna is supposed to be having big layoffs in the next few weeks.

Deirdre

Hey thanks for the offer, beanbean, I may take you up on it.

Q, DO

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by aphistis
Geez, Quinn. You're an EM resident, you're trying to get a book to press before this summer, now a dissertation on tort reform...I really wish you'd stop lazing around and start doing something productive with your life. :eek:

:)
With all my freetime in internship, I have so many projects. :) Actually the beauty of EM is the amoutn of time off. Perhaps I'm just a bit too optimistic, though.

BUT! I haven't posted as much on SDN as of late, as I'm busy doing these things. Good for me, bad for SDN. :)

Q, DO

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.