Has anyone worked in the insurance industry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2000
Messages
4,227
Reaction score
17

Members don't see this ad.
Hey guys, I"m doing a senior project for my residency on medical malpractice reform, and I would like to contact any of you that have worked in either the legal field with medical malpractice, or the insurance industry (especially insurance underwriting). PLEASE PM me if you have. Thanks!

Q, DO
 

beanbean

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
14
Greetings from Hartford, the Insurance Capital of the World!

I know lots of people that work for various insurance companies, but no one in those areas. Sorry! If you really get stuck send me a PM and I will ask around up here. I have a friend who was an executive at Aetna and she may know someone.

I can add that there are lots of big houses around here filled with insurance executives and lawyers so somebody is making good money! However, Cigna is supposed to be having big layoffs in the next few weeks.

Deirdre
 

aphistis

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
8,394
Reaction score
37
Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Hey guys, I"m doing a senior project for my residency on medical malpractice reform, and I would like to contact any of you that have worked in either the legal field with medical malpractice, or the insurance industry (especially insurance underwriting). PLEASE PM me if you have. Thanks!

Q, DO
Geez, Quinn. You're an EM resident, you're trying to get a book to press before this summer, now a dissertation on tort reform...I really wish you'd stop lazing around and start doing something productive with your life. :eek:
 

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2000
Messages
4,227
Reaction score
17
Originally posted by beanbean
Greetings from Hartford, the Insurance Capital of the World!

I know lots of people that work for various insurance companies, but no one in those areas. Sorry! If you really get stuck send me a PM and I will ask around up here. I have a friend who was an executive at Aetna and she may know someone.

I can add that there are lots of big houses around here filled with insurance executives and lawyers so somebody is making good money! However, Cigna is supposed to be having big layoffs in the next few weeks.

Deirdre

Hey thanks for the offer, beanbean, I may take you up on it.

Q, DO
 

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2000
Messages
4,227
Reaction score
17
Originally posted by aphistis
Geez, Quinn. You're an EM resident, you're trying to get a book to press before this summer, now a dissertation on tort reform...I really wish you'd stop lazing around and start doing something productive with your life. :eek:

:)
With all my freetime in internship, I have so many projects. :) Actually the beauty of EM is the amoutn of time off. Perhaps I'm just a bit too optimistic, though.

BUT! I haven't posted as much on SDN as of late, as I'm busy doing these things. Good for me, bad for SDN. :)

Q, DO
 
Top