has everyone recieved the scores????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chanchalpari

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
congratulations to all those who recieved their scores.i haven't recieved mine yet..is it possible that my results have got lost..if so what do i do next...please help..i am really worried...it couldn't get worse than this..
chanchalpari:(

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
I haven't recieved my scores yet i am too worried . I stay at california.Did everyone in california recieve their scores or is their anyone still waiting.........what to do if my scores have got lost......
Cherry.:confused:

hi cherry,
i live in michigan..which is like 550 miles from chicago..inspite of living so close to illinois..i haven't recieved my scores.this is really bad..good luck..hope we get our scores soon..lemme know when u get it...
chanchalpari

Members don't see this ad :)
hey
i live in claiforinia too not got my socres also ....i am also worried

Any of you received your scores today (9/17)?

I have not received mine even today. I am in Massachusetts.
One of my friend who lives in my town received it on Monday. Contacting ADA does not seem to help. They are giving the same answer that all the scores are mailed on Friday.

Eagerly waiting ....

hey all! another day passes.....i open the mail box and the results arent there!!! am really getting frustrated now.....what do I do now? when i contacted the bloody irresponsible ADA, the represenative says that in case its lost by mail, i need write a letter to them, explaining the same along with a check of 10$ (pathetic they are..I know...) and then they would resend it within the next 4-6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt that ridiculous?? i really cant understand why cant they send it by a courier service? they *****n charge helluva money for exams, but still cant upload the results on the net, nor atleast use the registered mail!!
can any one pacify me here?? are there any body else with me in this frustrating boat?? please lemme know..............
and yeah all the best anyways!!
K'jal.

hi kajal

i totally agree wiht u !!!!!!!!!!still no result

yeah kosha! i think i can figure it out why they are being so reckless....thats bcos they know that right now, they are the only agency administering this exam.....let another agency come tomorrow to compete with them.....and am sure then they would use express courier and send you the result within 1 week after the exam!!!! pathetic is the system!!

Calm down guys!!! Don't get desesperados. Chill!!! :cool:

The same thing happened to me with the admittance ticket to exam, I got it later than everyone else, it even was postmarked late; which means it was ADA's fault.

Still. Wait a couple more days, until submitting a letter.

Anyhow, 2 different institutions cannot regulate the same proffesion, and therefore will be stuck with ADA for good or for bad. :p

Wait a little longer.

does anyone know how it works if one doesnt receive the admit card/ticket by the exam date? has it happened to anyone? can u still go and take the test? and how do u know where to go (which center)? do they tell u these things if u call them up meggs? werent u worried when u got ur admit card so late? do let me know since i will be giving the exam in dec and want to be ready for this! thanks.

and i hope all of u who are waiting get ur results sooooooon! the waitings the absolute worst part of everything! and yeah...its pretty stupid that they cant send it more safely to us - i mean its a matter of whether we can apply to schools on time or not right?! as they care!!:mad:

hey meggs!
thank you though for your "concern".....am sure you know what waiting means......well there is a lot of difference b/w waiting then (when you knew you that you would eventually take up the exam) and waiting now, when almost everybody is getting their results and the deadlines are killing you right?? so why are yu defending the ADA when they are actually being so mean in 2 ways?? Firstly by declaring the results so late, just because thy were concerned about checking with the dummy resluts of the computer based test and secondly by offering such poor service of sending these important score sheets by ordinary mails!!
now coming to the fact that 2 agencies cannot administer an exam----lemm give you some examples: TOEFL and IELTS and many other agencies administer english exams for foreign students; ECE and several other agencies administer the work of grading the transcripts which are as important as the NBDE..... and there are several other agencies for various other exams,....so just assume hypothetically, if there was another agency whose test scores were also acceptable to the schools.....would the ADA still behave as irresponsible as they are and take us for granted this way??
well yeah....none of these answers are targetting to you personally, but am expressing my point of view based on mine and a few other friends in the same situation!
thanks for patience!
K'jal;

hi everyone....has anyone recived their results today..or yesterday
i was looking into the mail box every 10 min's yesterday and i have to continue doing the same today hope i get it today..
i am tensed about the results
jrcny

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by toothmail
does anyone know how it works if one doesnt receive the admit card/ticket by the exam date? has it happened to anyone? can u still go and take the test? and how do u know where to go (which center)? do they tell u these things if u call them up meggs? werent u worried when u got ur admit card so late? do let me know since i will be giving the exam in dec and want to be ready for this! thanks.

I'm not sure, but I think most people get to take the test in their first choice location. I received my ticket just when I was about to call them, so I never really got to find out what the procedure would have been.

Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
hey meggs!
thank you though for your "concern".....am sure you know what waiting means......well there is a lot of difference b/w waiting then (when you knew you that you would eventually take up the exam) and waiting now, when almost everybody is getting their results and the deadlines are killing you right?? so why are yu defending the ADA when they are actually being so mean in 2 ways?? Firstly by declaring the results so late, just because thy were concerned about checking with the dummy resluts of the computer based test and secondly by offering such poor service of sending these important score sheets by ordinary mails!!
now coming to the fact that 2 agencies cannot administer an exam----lemm give you some examples: TOEFL and IELTS and many other agencies administer english exams for foreign students; ECE and several other agencies administer the work of grading the transcripts which are as important as the NBDE..... and there are several other agencies for various other exams,....so just assume hypothetically, if there was another agency whose test scores were also acceptable to the schools.....would the ADA still behave as irresponsible as they are and take us for granted this way??
well yeah....none of these answers are targetting to you personally, but am expressing my point of view based on mine and a few other friends in the same situation!
thanks for patience!
K'jal;

I'm not deffending the ADA, I'm just saying that we are stuck with it. No choice there.

Neither english is a proffession, nor TOEFL and IELTS regulate it. They just test you, if you're required to so. Same with ECE, WES, etc. evaluation services. But dentistry IS a proffession and ADA is the regulatory body in the US. If some other institution offered a dental exam like the NBDE, will the ADA recognize it over its own examination?

:cool:

why not?? this is a capitalist form of a society where everyone is given an equal opputurtunity? well, thats teh jist of my point..they are the one and only body...ao doesent mean they take us for granted!! also I said this assumption is hypothetical and dude, belive me, am not intersted in opening another agency to administer the dental exams to compete with the ADA!!

Hello,
first of all i sincerely sympathise with all those guys who have to wait for their results.i know how nerve racking that can be esp when almost everybody else got theirs.if i was in that situation i would have gone mad to say the least.
won't ADA do anything even if you tell them that u are approaching the deadlines in the schools that you are applying to?isn't there any provision to lodge a complaint officially,have them recheck the address they mailed the scores to, or something?
i know you all must have tried everything.....
and then the matter about 2 instituitions administering NDBE,i don't think that can be possible.where TOEFL is concerned it is just an eligibility criteria for foreign students applying to the U.S uvty's.the same applies for evaluation reports. so the schools accept more than 1 organisation.
but NDBE is not something that is primarily meant for foreign students,we are taking it to get an advanced standing.as it is an exam meant from the U.S students ,i don't think their schools will allow 2 or more agencies to give the same exam. how can they strike a balance in scoring and Qstn patterns?moreover ADA is an association meant for the whole U.S dental community not just for the foreign ones.so theirs is always going to be te final verdict and i agree with meggs on that....
still i hope there will be some way for u guys to recieve ur scores without waiting for 4 weeks......

hey meggs and vindo! i do appreciate your efforts in pacifying us.....thanks! now coming to the point of administering 2 exams....am making it crystal clear again...i just gave a " HYPOTHETICAL" (please refer the constant use of this word since i started posting my messages in this regard) assumpition to explain how the system is currently working, with a lone body taking us for granted!

thanks meggs. i guess we just have to wait for our admit cards and hope we get it on time.:rolleyes:

kajal i am sure all of us would be happier if ADA acted like we were more important than first class mail!! :laugh:

hey all the best to u guys waiting for ur results. it seems to b taking too long. u guys must be going crazy with worry. sorry guys......to make up for this wait- i hope u all get great scores!!!! :)

hi kajal
did you get your results as yet?i was reading your posts i really wish you would get it either today or tomorrow....good luck

Hi kajalkiran,
did ur mail arrive for today? and did u recieve ur results as yet? I sure can understand how it must be feeling to keep waiting especially after everyone has started to recieve their scores!!!
good luck
itsme

to hell with them!!! didnt get it even today!! well i just donwanna write anything more as i seem to get some really unimaginable and regrettable language out of my mind!!! anyways has any else got itt today?? hoep fully the answer is yes!!

Still waiting (9/18).

BTW, does anybody know whether the dental schools receives all the NBDE attendee scores or only their current students? Based on the posting in the Dental forum, it looks like dental schools might be getting all their current student's scores.

If dental schools receive everybody's scores probably we can ask current students in any dental school to check our scores.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by akura
Still waiting (9/18).......
If dental schools receive everybody's scores probably we can ask current students in any dental school to check our scores......

Still waiting..... this ain't looking good. :(

Nop, US dental schools only receive THEIR scores. Scores of THEIR current students.

Have you guys tried contacting your local post offices?

Meggs,

Thanks for your information.

I haven't contacted the PostOffice yet, but according to my post man (who became friend in this week) he delivers whatever he receives in the postoffice. Unfortunately there is no way to track it down.

I verified with ADA that they have right address. I even received my admission ticket to the same address. ADA folks are giving the standard answer, wait for few more days.

May be it arrives tomorrow :(

Oh my god....no mail even today...this waiting really sucks...and the application deadlines are nearing...what to do.....:confused:
Cherry

nothing yet????? :( :( :( :mad: :(

hi guys....hey maybe u should contact your PO and ADA too. all the best.

huh! not even today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what else to say? now i just want forget that I even took up the bloody exam!!!!
has anyone else atleast got it today? write back.........

hi,
i got my results...this waiting sucks..i am sure luck must have something really wonderful for u...maybe u mus try calling dr.kramer and explain him the situation.its about time and we must not lose the deadlines b'cos of them
love,
chanchalpari

gawd...this is really crazy....how late are they going to send it? :mad: :mad: hang in there guys.....

how did u do chanchalpari ....after this long wait i hope u got a great score!

Some people never got there scores when I took it 3 years ago. If you had the scores directly sent to the schools you applied they might have them. If not I would just fax ADA a request for your scores and pay the 10$. It seems like most people in this forum got them a week ago. My classmates all got them within 2-3 days of each other. I know its bullsh#$!

hi guys!! finally got my results today!!! --89!!:)
anat: 86
physiobiochem: 88
path-micro: 89
dentalanat: 92
the bloody envelope went around the world 3 times before reaching me I guess!!! well, I have a word of advice to all those who still havent got it (though I sincerely hope that there's none left!!) you can contact a person called Dr. Kramer at the ADA using the toll free number. I spoke to him today and he was really emphatic with meand was ready to help and gave me more options (though eventually I got the mail today)

Thanks a lot to everybody for all the support (especially toothmail)I was getting all these days when I used to shoot out those
frustrated mails ( afew abusive ones too, which were fully deserving anyways!!)
hey! also can anyone tell me how competitive are these scores on a general outlook???
any response will be highly appreciated!!
Thanks a ton!!
K'jal;

congrats kajal!! finally those scores arrived huh?!

all the best!

Hi kajal ,

Congratulations !!
I have not yet received my results. Any suggestions regarding what should be done . Also when did u get your results and are u from Michigan?

hey! i still cant belive that there are a few people who still havent got their scores!!! this is extremely bad!! well auma, if you can kindly read my previus msg, I have mentioned the ADA number and the person to be contacted (sadly he's the only one I felt who was approachable there) the others just say "seeend us a faaax!!!!!!" !!!
go ahead and contact him imediately and also opt for arranging a prepaid FEDEX service so tht you get it immediately!!
all the best.....lemme know when yu get it...
K'jal.

Thanks Kajal for your help.
Appreciate it !!

Hey! Finally i got my results yesterday.....after a long wait.
Average score: 89
Anatomy:88
Physiobiochem:87
Micro Path:92
Dental anatomy:88
:clap:

congratulations cherry! so sorry u had to wait so long though! i had no idea there were people still waiting for their scores. good score after the long wait!