Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Has Pritzker been contacting anyone lately?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CTG, Nov 21, 2005.

1. CTG

CTG Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Guys, I'm going crazy here. Has anyone heard from, or know of anyone who has heard from, Pritzker within the past week? At my interview they said, "3 weeks" and it's been almost 4...and I hear about people calling admissions offices and asking, but I feel soooo weird doing that....omg somebody please help me here i'm going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. somewhere2010

somewhere2010 SDN Donor
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    awwww :p they're just running a little behind, it's ok! i'm sure you'll hear soon! good luck!

3. taddpole

taddpole Member
    5+ Year Member

for those of you who interviewed- do you mind me asking what your stats were? im just curious- i was rejected without interview...tear....

4. CristaGalli

CristaGalli Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Same here...except for the going insane part. I am just concerned that i have been waitlisted bcause i know that they do not reject any interviewees. Hopefully we can all get some great news thats worth giving thanks about over the dinner table on thursday.

5. nosugrefneb

nosugrefneb (benferguson)
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey CTG,

I'm a second-year here at Pritzker and I help out a lot with admissions...don't worry if they take a bit longer than expected. Sometimes we get a little backed up with stuff. You definitely shouldn't feel weird about calling to find out your status...the secretary is not going to go tell admissions you've been calling too much or anything like that (if anything, the squeaky wheel get the oil!), and at least you'll have a better idea of your timeline that way.

Ben
    [email protected]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. CTG

CTG Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ben,
    Thank you so much for your comments...they're very reassuring! See? You're an example of one of the reasons I love Pritzker so much...everyone there is so nice. I'll try calling if I don't hear anything soon.
    -CTG :)

7. Opallife

Opallife Student
    5+ Year Member

When I interviewed at Pritzker I asked when the admissions committee would be meeting and they had no problem with telling me. I heard from them the day after the committee supposedly met by phone.

I love Chicago!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. CristaGalli

CristaGalli Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  9. CristaGalli

CristaGalli Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Its 5 weeks now and counting......I am not getting too anxious since they do not reject anyone who interviews, I just want to know if I am in or on the waitlist. Anyone heard anything from them lately?

10. gdbaby

gdbaby Prettier than before
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wish I could help Crista--still waiting for an interview invite here....Good luck!

11. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Is it really true that they don't reject anyone who interviews? I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear from Pritzker...I loved it there...it would be pretty reassuring (i think) to know that they waitlist everyone who doesn't get accepted...

12. CTG

CTG Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    they said they RARELY reject interviewees right off the bat...it's only if you're so off the wall that it's ridiculous (e.g. dancing on the tables during the interview)...i don't recall causing any massive scenes, so hopefully i'll be okay... ;p

actually, i called the day b/f thanksgiving and they said wait 6-8 weeks after your interview date (it had been a little over a month since i'd interviewed). i guess they're backed up cuz at my interview they said we'd hear in 3 weeks, but my file hadn't even gone in for review yet when i called, so things must be getting really busy over there. fingers crossed everyone!

13. letmein!please?

letmein!please? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :laugh: That gave me the funniest picture in my head.

14. CTG

CTG Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yeah, that's the same reaction I had when I heard the director of admissions say that. apparently a girl one year just sat on the table with her arms crossed and refused to go on the tour of the hospital and med school! (actually, i was only half listening when they were telling the story cuz I was taking my mugshot at the time...so if anyone has a different account of what happened, please share!)

15. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think they said something about someone getting up and laying down on the conference table at one point (during lunch?) They didn't say much about the context, but it really did happen. How's that for an idea of what *not* to do at an interview?

16. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sorry about the double post, but it's a little while later -

I was wondering if anybody who had interviewed later (end of Oct or early Nov) had actually called the office and gotten an update on when we should expect to hear anything. I could do it myself, but unfortunately I'm a wimp about that kind of stuff... :rolleyes:

17. CTG

CTG Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes, fortunately for your wimpy ass (jk, I was scared too) I called b/f Thanksgiving. They said wait 6-8 weeks after your interview. I interviewed end of Oct and they said I'd hear in 3 weeks while I was there, but that's obviously not the case anymore.

18. dr.choc

dr.choc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    That is what they told me also!

19. CristaGalli

CristaGalli Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    7+weeks and counting......this is getting rather annoying. I have been patient all through thus far, but I am starting to get somewhat irritated.

20. dr.choc

dr.choc Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hello All...I was reading another thread today and two people posted acceptances from interview dar10/31 and 11/1 acceptances. I called and I was placed on an alternate list. Just call and give them your amcas id #. Good luck and keep us posted! :)

21. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    so does that mean if i interviewed 10/31 and haven't heard anything yet that all I can hope for is being waitlisted (and is that the same as being placed on an alternate list?) :confused:

22. bon_vivant

bon_vivant Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I heard that the committee met yesterday. Has anyone heard from them recently?

23. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I called today to check the status of my app. I interviewed 10/31, and they said a decision hasn't been made on my application yet. Isn't 2 1/2 months enough time? :rolleyes: