Has this happened to any other graduate interns to be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cvs is a disaster to work for anyway. They are usually just looking for H1Bs to abuse.

All retails stop hiring new H1Bs since last year. Too many paperwork involved, high cost ~$5000, and too many qualified US pharmacists.

In SoCal, all retails I know let go their interns right after they graduate because they don't have open position for pharmacists. Why keep them as grad intern (when there is no position available) and pay pay double when you can hire a new intern for half?

Members don't see this ad.

Or to wait 3 months until they get licensed... when recruiters probably get 20 resumes everyday from licensed pharmacists looking for a job.

My intern job didn't acknowledge "graduate Interns". You could interview and change into a pharmacist position, but you didn't get any automatic change in pay just because you were done rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
My intern job didn't acknowledge "graduate Interns". You could interview and change into a pharmacist position, but you didn't get any automatic change in pay just because you were done rotations.

yeah it's institution dependent. grad intern is a wholly separate category and has a different job description vs. P1-P4 intern. Whereas the latter is more technician based, grad interns are trained extensively by the pharmacist staff in verifying orders, navigating the system, code training, etc....

In an ideal world, these would be phased in throughout P3-P4 year as students gain more experience, but functionally this is not the case everywhere due to operational issues.

Yeah, I've always seen "grad intern" being used when someone is hiring the person as a pharmacist, but they are not yet licensed. It was commonly done back in the days of the pharmacist shortage. Even before then, my first job out of pharmacy school, I had taken my boards & was awaiting the results (this was back in the ancient days before instant grading & results), so I was hired as a pharmacist, but received grad intern pay until I was licensed & could work on my own. As a grad intern, I was pretty much doing pharmacist work, but was only scheduled to overlap another pharmacist's shift.

Or I could just do movie extra work for the summer. Last summer I worked for 2 days (25 hours) on the movie, "The Dictator" and made $900. I'm in the restaurant/hookah lounge scene. They used my friend's restaurant/hookah lounge for the scene. Getting paid $900 to sit there and smoke hookah, eat, and pretend to talk.

that movie was aladeen.. i rented it from redbox at midnigh the night it came out (tonite) and just finished it...i couldnt find anything else on sdn about this movie..

thanks for the insight into the making of movie sparda!