Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
As if to add to my workload of prepping for Orgo and Physics, I had a dream recently about taking the MCAT. Unprepared. Forget monsters, vampires, this dream is by far the scariest dream I have had ever :scared: Anyone have crazy dreams like this? A few days prior, I had a dream about getting horribly bad grades. Is my mind trying to tell me to start studying? Take a break? Anyone who's somniology know what I should do in light of stressful dreams?

Dream Sequence said:
What I've gathered from my dream of what my nightmare unprepared MCAT would be, I remember the problem quite clearly, sadly enough.

There is an enormous decision flow-chart about mice and actions that each mouse would take, and what "would not fit, what should be added" to the chart. :scared: I somehow I believe was allowed to skip writing an essay or whatever, and then I was told I had 5 minutes left, and 15 more bio questions and I was like all crazy about it, and then I woke up and got ready for work, glad that it didn't happen.

nekrogg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 8, 2005
Status
Compass said:
As if to add to my workload of prepping for Orgo and Physics, I had a dream recently about taking the MCAT. Unprepared. Forget monsters, vampires, this dream is by far the scariest dream I have had ever :scared: Anyone have crazy dreams like this? A few days prior, I had a dream about getting horribly bad grades. Is my mind trying to tell me to start studying? Take a break? Anyone who's somniology know what I should do in light of stressful dreams?
haha we've all been there. although personally, i was studying for the mcat for so long that i never had dreams about it. i did have a dream about them hating my personal statement and an adcom member who happened to be my faculty eating my paper.

you dont need to start studying just yet, id say 6 months is already a long time (which is what i did).

OP
Compass

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Mmm, it's actually a year and six months for me :) Right? I think? Take MCAT in April 2008, end of junior year... then do secondaries over the summer? My schedule confuses me.

About the Ads

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Start drinking. Just kidding. Seriously, though.
It is OK to feel anxiety about this process. Heck, I'm 24 and should be able to take the lumps of this process like a grown up (in theory, anyhow!) but... I definitely have pulling-my-hair-out-moments and worst case scenario thoughts. We all do.
You could probably spend a good four months studying for the MCAT. Remember that in 07 there are going to be a LOT more administrations of the MCAT, and that will change the game a little as well. You can do this. :luck:

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Compass said:
Mmm, it's actually a year and six months for me :) Right? I think? Take MCAT in April 2008, end of junior year... then do secondaries over the summer? My schedule confuses me.
Just so you know, they're upping the number of times you can take it starting next year. So you can take it in January, April, May, June, July, August, and September as things hold now.

OP
Compass

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
That, sadly, fits in perfectly with my future being told by a fortune teller of having to stay in college an extra year, possibly because I failed the MCAT. :(

kyidmnmaiv

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I was having stress dreams at the end of last quarter too. You might try to control your stress during the day, so your mind isn't dealing with it while you sleep. I exercise (I wouldn't have gotten through freshman year if I hadn't discovered the gym) and write. Stress is a huge buzzword right now, try googling it, you'll find tons of management ideas.

PS: Stop listening to fortune tellers!! Do what you need to do, you'll be fine.

OP
Compass

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
It's not like my life is placed in fate's hands. Fortune teller says that if I work hard, I can overcome my problem. :D The problem was caught early, so it can be dealt with early. (Fortunes are based as if I didn't know what was going to happen, so I can't do anything to prevent it) I'm very unstressed, though. Usually. Except when I'm driving.

About the Ads