Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Haunted in my Dreams

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Compass, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Compass

Compass Squishy
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

As if to add to my workload of prepping for Orgo and Physics, I had a dream recently about taking the MCAT. Unprepared. Forget monsters, vampires, this dream is by far the scariest dream I have had ever :scared: Anyone have crazy dreams like this? A few days prior, I had a dream about getting horribly bad grades. Is my mind trying to tell me to start studying? Take a break? Anyone who's somniology know what I should do in light of stressful dreams?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nekrogg

5+ Year Member

haha we've all been there. although personally, i was studying for the mcat for so long that i never had dreams about it. i did have a dream about them hating my personal statement and an adcom member who happened to be my faculty eating my paper.

you dont need to start studying just yet, id say 6 months is already a long time (which is what i did).

4. Compass

Compass Squishy

Mmm, it's actually a year and six months for me :) Right? I think? Take MCAT in April 2008, end of junior year... then do secondaries over the summer? My schedule confuses me.

5. jackieMD2007

jackieMD2007 ***MVI***
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Start drinking. Just kidding. Seriously, though.
    It is OK to feel anxiety about this process. Heck, I'm 24 and should be able to take the lumps of this process like a grown up (in theory, anyhow!) but... I definitely have pulling-my-hair-out-moments and worst case scenario thoughts. We all do.
    You could probably spend a good four months studying for the MCAT. Remember that in 07 there are going to be a LOT more administrations of the MCAT, and that will change the game a little as well. You can do this. :luck:

6. mvenus929

Physician 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Fellow [Any Field]
    Just so you know, they're upping the number of times you can take it starting next year. So you can take it in January, April, May, June, July, August, and September as things hold now.

7. Compass

Compass Squishy

That, sadly, fits in perfectly with my future being told by a fortune teller of having to stay in college an extra year, possibly because I failed the MCAT. :(

8. kyidmnmaiv

kyidmnmaiv Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was having stress dreams at the end of last quarter too. You might try to control your stress during the day, so your mind isn't dealing with it while you sleep. I exercise (I wouldn't have gotten through freshman year if I hadn't discovered the gym) and write. Stress is a huge buzzword right now, try googling it, you'll find tons of management ideas.

PS: Stop listening to fortune tellers!! Do what you need to do, you'll be fine.

9. Compass

Compass Squishy

It's not like my life is placed in fate's hands. Fortune teller says that if I work hard, I can overcome my problem. :D The problem was caught early, so it can be dealt with early. (Fortunes are based as if I didn't know what was going to happen, so I can't do anything to prevent it) I'm very unstressed, though. Usually. Except when I'm driving.