Pharmacy Have 14 F's - Do I still have a shot at pharmacy school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to F's on my transcript from my undergrad (14 to be exact) and I have retaken the classes i had a F in and wanted to know if it was still possible for me to get in pharmacy school. The F's were from 2014 and 2015 which were my first two years of school and I had a lot going on then and I didn't take school serious then but I take full accountability for everyone of the F's I had. My GPA is a 1.84 currently and I haven't started on my bachelor degree yet but I plan to start in the fall of 2020. Will I get accepted and what should I do????????????
What do you mean by “14 to be exact?” Is this the credit hours?

14 is the number of F's I have

Members don't see this ad.

No, I am not a pharmacy tech, my major is pre-pharmacy. Im in school to become a pharmacist but Im not in pharmacy school yet.
I can't really speak for other adcoms but yes those F's are going to hurt. My suggestion is graduate and work as a pharmacy tech for a while (or somewhere in health care). I don't think there are many postbac options but you have a very low GPA for grad programs to take a chance. Prove yourself in the field first and get some training in health care to see if you are really made for it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Depends on the classes. If on the Chemistries (General or Organic) or the Math (Calculus I), your acceptance is extremely unlikely. Your GPA is far too low to even be considered (ACPE would look askance at a school that admitted a sub 2.0 GPA). If you are not a tech, I would have advised you to do this before your second year. At this point, I would say your application is irrevocable if the science prerequisites had more than three F's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I have a C in statistics and calculus, I have a C in Biology 1 and chem 1. I have a C in chem 2 and organic chem 1. I have a B in organic chem 2 and Physics 1. All of the F's i had i retook them. Most of my F's were electives not sciences.
If you say so, but that would trigger major red flags if all electives. You have to have above a 2.5 to even apply at most schools. Your prerequisites are too low and would put you as an at-risk student..

well the F's are on my transcript from my undergrad associate degree at a community college. Do you think if I made all A's and B's at a university I would be considered?? As I stated, I retook all of the classes that I had a F in.
Without a major record improvement, impossible. A sub 2.0 GPA is not even screenable under accreditation rules even from a Community College. You would have to substantially bring up your GPA to even be considered. You would need to bring the GPA up, but your science scores put you outside the admissible range even though they are not failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.