Have 30 W's! How much does it hurt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What State do you live in? Here in TX you're not even allowed more than 6 drops I believe...

Not only does my school restrict the number of Ws I can choose to get, by state law, the university is allowed to charge me out-of-state tuition, according to state law--because the state will not reimburse them for me be a resident anymore, due to having too many credit hours that do not count towards my degree, even though in my situation this is due entirely from medical withdrawals (not due to academic deficiencies). This is in the state education code and published all over my university's website. I am now in a situation where I have to appeal to the provost, who only "sometimes" grants exceptions to this law, even though this is due entirely from my disability.

To add another crazy element to the story, I went to my undergraduate academic advisor of my respective major at the beginning of the semester, and she said that administrators at the colleg of my major were considering not granting me any more medical withdrawals (as in give me Fs instead of Ws--because instructors can still assign Fs even after a medical withdrawal is "approved" at my university) and not allow me to repeat courses due to retaking them when I did not complete the semester due to medical withdrawals (as in not let me finish my degree).

I decided to transfer out of my university, after hearing the news from my advisor. There is no way that my situation is going to work out with all of the stipulations at my soon to be former university. Plus this university is an administrative hell hole. I decided, unfortunately, that an online degree is my best option at this point in time. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator: