• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Have a question about NSU-COM Rotations

dradams

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2003
Miami, FL
  1. Medical Student
I'm a nontrad applicant applying for this next year and I live in Stuart, FL. I would like to know from anyone attending NSU or anyone else who knows whether it is possible to live in Stuart during the 3rd and 4th years while doing rotations. I have seen that NSU has rotation sites in Palm Beach, which is not much of a commute from where I currently live. Are these decent sites? Can one do all of the rotations in Palm Beach? I am trying to figure out how to go back to med school with a wife and kids.

bgibney

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2003
Only an M1, so I'll answer as best as I can:

The West Palm rotation is set where you do your core rotations at three hospitals - the main one (JFK I think), the VA, and a peds hospital. Is it good, I don't know, but it would seem that this set up would work out well for a student.

Your 3rd year you do all your core rotations at that hospital or system. The core rotations are IM (3 mo), GS (2 mo), OB/gyn (1 mo), FP (2 mo), Geriatrics (1 mo), Psych (1 mo), Peds (2 mo), and EM (1 mo) - EM is done during your fourth year. The rest of fourth year you have 3 mo of rural/underserved rotation, 1 mo of that being elective; 5 mo of electives, 3 must be in primary care (the umbrella of primary care is large - gas and rads fall under it), and 1 month of vacation.

Hope that helps

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.