dradams

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2003
Miami, FL
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I'm a nontrad applicant applying for this next year and I live in Stuart, FL. I would like to know from anyone attending NSU or anyone else who knows whether it is possible to live in Stuart during the 3rd and 4th years while doing rotations. I have seen that NSU has rotation sites in Palm Beach, which is not much of a commute from where I currently live. Are these decent sites? Can one do all of the rotations in Palm Beach? I am trying to figure out how to go back to med school with a wife and kids.

bgibney

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
Only an M1, so I'll answer as best as I can:

The West Palm rotation is set where you do your core rotations at three hospitals - the main one (JFK I think), the VA, and a peds hospital. Is it good, I don't know, but it would seem that this set up would work out well for a student.

Your 3rd year you do all your core rotations at that hospital or system. The core rotations are IM (3 mo), GS (2 mo), OB/gyn (1 mo), FP (2 mo), Geriatrics (1 mo), Psych (1 mo), Peds (2 mo), and EM (1 mo) - EM is done during your fourth year. The rest of fourth year you have 3 mo of rural/underserved rotation, 1 mo of that being elective; 5 mo of electives, 3 must be in primary care (the umbrella of primary care is large - gas and rads fall under it), and 1 month of vacation.

Hope that helps

About the Ads
About the Ads