Have a year to prepare for new MCAT, already taken old one and applied this cycle.

exacto

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello friends, I applied this cycle to both DO and MD schools with a 27 MCAT ( PS:8, VR:9, BS:10) when I was taking all practice tests I scored an average of 29, so I was bummed when I got the 27, but felt I would apply and see what happens.

For backup I want to start studying lightly now just in case I don't get accepted anywhere this cycle. Any ideas to study this far in advance, more for the new verbal section, like reading articles or journals.

Is the new verbal section the same as the old one?

Jan 26, 2015
Status
MD/PhD Student
The new verbal (CARS) is basically the same as the old one, but they have removed any natural science passages. People are suggesting reading articles or journals to prepare for the passages in the other three sections.

exacto

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
The new verbal (CARS) is basically the same as the old one, but they have removed any natural science passages. People are suggesting reading articles or journals to prepare for the passages in the other three sections.
oh thats not cool, the science passages were the easiest ones for me!

so best way to study for CARS section?

Jan 26, 2015
Status
MD/PhD Student
Honestly, I'm not the person to ask. I guess just read more and do lots of practice problems.

About the Ads