Have any of you been asked to retake the OAT and get accepted after doing so?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cavs123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that many of you have retaken the OAT and got accepted but my question is, have schools given you extensions of their deadline to retake the OAT? Not to brag but my application is one of the strongest but Im graduating a year early and only studied 3 weeks for the OAT because of a hectic fall schedule.. A school extended their deadline for me to take the OAT again. Have any of you enrolled students ever done this AND get accepted? I feel like there will be very very few spots left when i take it again but they would not say this to me if it was a no. They gave me a specific deadline 2 months after there official deadline to retake.

my oat was AA 290 and 290 TS

Members don't see this ad.

I retook my OAT for a school and got accepted. I think half of it is the effort of doing what they ask and bumping your score up will help with admission to all schools not just the school that asked you to retake. Even if you have a stellar application I'd say retaking your OAT is worthwhile.

I would retake it. It will not only help you with that school, but others as well in the future should something happen. Even an improvement to 310, 300 would be good. If you did only study on a limited basis, you should do much better the next time. I said this in another thread, if money is tight and you want to hold on hoping with those scores then don't retake it. If you can spare another 225-ish dollars, and you do better, you will not have to wait and hope. You may even do well enough to earn scholarship or interest from another school you were looking at. Good luck!