Have BA, should I do a BS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shootingguard87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all I am a non-trad I am 27 and I have a BA (Psych major) and an MBA.

I want to do PM&R with eventually a sports medicine fellowship.

If I don't get in this cycle, should I do a BS before applying again? I have already done my pre-reqs but I can do a 2 year BS majoring in exercise/sports science. This would delay MD by 2 years obviously (and I am on the older end) but I thought the topics covered would be extremely beneficial for my future interest, may look good on applications and may bump up my GPA. It would also give me time to get acclimatised to full-time science.

Interesting or a waste of time?

Members don't see this ad.

Waste of time....it's not gonna boost your app either unless it significantly increases GPA of yours is weak.

Reactions: 1 users
Waste of time. You only need pre-reqs.

Not needed. Either do a DIY post-bac, enter a post-bac program, or so a SMP (of the last two, they're a dime-a-dozen).

Hey all I am a non-trad I am 27 and I have a BA (Psych major) and an MBA.

I want to do PM&R with eventually a sports medicine fellowship.

If I don't get in this cycle, should I do a BS before applying again? I have already done my pre-reqs but I can do a 2 year BS majoring in exercise/sports science. This would delay MD by 2 years obviously (and I am on the older end) but I thought the topics covered would be extremely beneficial for my future interest, may look good on applications and may bump up my GPA. It would also give me time to get acclimatised to full-time science.

Interesting or a waste of time?

Reactions: 1 user