Have Fun & Procrastinate Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's like you're psychic. Or you read the other thread. I'm going with psychic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like this thread idea because I always forget to post in the Friday thread and by the time I remember it's... no longer Friday

Reactions: 4 users
I am just grateful that you are not one of those people that posts in the Friday thread when it is not Friday!
*Slowly realizes guilt, feels shame*

Reactions: 1 users
I started the Friday thread because the conversations tended to get completely derailed into random jokes on Friday. And since I don’t follow every thread, I created it so I didn’t get left out. And then Friday’s started happening on tuesdays.

Reactions: 1 user
Thursday is officially 'pre-Friday' and Wednesday is officially 'pre-Friday Eve' so.........Tuesday works for me too....and Mondays always need a little help :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Easy, just find a job in a hospital where you don't really have a boss, set hours, or anyone who can tell you what your RVU targets are.

I kind of already have that. I have a boss, but he isn't wandering out to the CBOC from the medical center anytime soon and no one really knows what I do or how to measure it.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else keeping an eye on the last weekend of MLB?
Hoping the A's clinch today and secure home field for the wild card this weekend

Since my Mets have destroyed their season in awesome fashion (the only way they know how), I’ve thrown my support behind the A’s. Rooting for your team!

Reactions: 2 users
Since my Mets have destroyed their season in awesome fashion (the only way they know how), I’ve thrown my support behind the A’s. Rooting for your team!

Yankees are in, so I'm waiting for the playoffs to begin.

Yankees are in, so I'm waiting for the playoffs to begin.

IMG_1251.gif

:)

I kind of already have that. I have a boss, but he isn't wandering out to the CBOC from the medical center anytime soon and no one really knows what I do or how to measure it.

I have a feeling the response I would hear to that situation would be, "ok, we don't know what you do or how you spend your time, so we're just going to build your schedule for you."

Also, Go Braves!

I have a feeling the response I would hear to that situation would be, "ok, we don't know what you do or how you spend your time, so we're just going to build your schedule for you."

Also, Go Braves!

HBPC and Geriatrics Extended Care nationally have pushed for being excused from traditional metrics (grid validation, etc). At the moment, everyone above me is too busy/lazy to make me a custom schedule. I'm sure the day will come eventually.

Last edited:
i was listening to a podcast about Wakefield and the history of the autism vaccine nonsense. It was an artful scam.

My opinions and understanding:

Patent a vaccine that only uses one vaccine agent that is already manufactured. Get around £20M in start up funds. Then get £600k from an attorney to do a study that shows too many vaccines at once cause autism or something. Publish an article using an N=25 that claim too many vaccines at once, using falsified data. Then publish a follow up study with another N=20, using kids at your child’s birthday party.

End up in Texas, dating ElleMcpherson, living near Alex Jones.

i was listening to a podcast about Wakefield and the history of the autism vaccine nonsense. It was an artful scam.

My opinions and understanding:

Patent a vaccine that only uses one vaccine agent that is already manufactured. Get around £20M in start up funds. Then get £600k from an attorney to do a study that shows too many vaccines at once cause autism or something. Publish an article using an N=25 that claim too many vaccines at once, using falsified data. Then publish a follow up study with another N=20, using kids at your child’s birthday party.

End up in Texas, dating ElleMcpherson, living near Alex Jones.

In the end you forgot to add "Collect large sums of money through speaking fees at anti-vax hotbeds around the US, continuing to exploit the stupid and the willfully ignorant."

In the end you forgot to add "Collect large sums of money through speaking fees at anti-vax hotbeds around the US, continuing to exploit the stupid and the willfully ignorant."

Remove the word anti-vax and you have a recipe for many a fruitful career.

Remove the word anti-vax and you have a recipe for many a fruitful career.

Oh, I already know that if I merely sacrificed my integrity and ethics, I could make a killing in my metro area treating "Post-concussive disorder," "Chronic Lyme Disease," mid-diagnosed fibro, and whatever other made up disease is the new flavor of the week. Just need a cheap EEG machine with some fancy qEEG printouts, give everyone an RBANS plus, recommend the same treatment regimen to everyone, and bill the m10k a pop.

I think once you get ~£20M in a year, you can really have some freedom to do whatever.
Oh, I already know that if I merely sacrificed my integrity and ethics, I could make a killing in my metro area treating "Post-concussive disorder," "Chronic Lyme Disease," mid-diagnosed fibro, and whatever other made up disease is the new flavor of the week. Just need a cheap EEG machine with some fancy qEEG printouts, give everyone an RBANS plus, recommend the same treatment regimen to everyone, and bill the m10k a pop.

Can you imagine the patient phone call volume?

I too am a lifelong suffering Mets fan. It makes planning golf trips in Oct easy...bc it’s not like they are likely to make the playoffs....

Just got my flu shot, hopefully I don't catch the Autism. Or something worse, like support for Trump.

Please tell me you watched South Park this week. Vaccines can make you "artistic"

Please tell me you watched South Park this week. Vaccines can make you "artistic"

I have been out of the South Park loop for a while. Actually, with an infant at home, I've been out of a lot of TV show loops for some time. Never finished GoT, haven't seen the last season of Stranger Things, etc. We're turning into Luddites because of that little parasite.

I have been out of the South Park loop for a while. Actually, with an infant at home, I've been out of a lot of TV show loops for some time. Never finished GoT, haven't seen the last season of Stranger Things, etc. We're turning into Luddites because of that little parasite.

Concerning GoT, you missed nothing.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm trying to stop double spacing after periods. It's a hard habit to break. One sentence at a time, I guess.
You know, I started going down to single space when I began submitting a lot of grants with my mentor as a graduate student, because we seemed to think it would save space. Converting back to two spaces was difficult! So I stopped.