Have I fallen off the face of the Earth?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Fernj75, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Fernj75

Fernj75 Member
    7+ Year Member

This application process is soooooooo frustrating. I got two lousy interviews in early November but since then it?s been all down hill since then, 1 rejection and 1 ?hold? whatever that means? (from school?s I did not get an interview) But, nothing else. all of my web base status checks are of no help, yea like I really need Northwestern to tell me once again that they can?t verify my information (I?ve been certified by AAMC since early Sept, they too are part to blame). What happened to the other 15 schools I applied to? All I got was an e-mail thanking me for my $100.00 payment; at least Georgetown rejected me as soon as the check cleared. I get the mental picture that my completed file is in some damp, dirty, unorganized desk in the basement of the admissions office. God help me, I can?t take it anymore, running to check my e-mail and regular mail however this will all be worth it if I get one lousy acceptance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hang in there Fern!

Best Wishes

Dr. Perez

4. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you're really worried that a school has lost your app, give them a call because this does occassionally happen. I called Northwestern yesterday because I was sick of getting that message on the staus check page. Well, I found out that my application is complete and under active review. The status check page is not working. So if it makes you feel better, call.

5. quake

quake Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Fern, I wish you all the best but do call the schools.
    I called one school yesterday and was shocked to hear that they had sent me an invite to interview about a month ago. Unfortunately, I never got the mail. Thankfully, I was able to schedule an interview over the phone.
    Take home message. You can't be too sure.

6. doppl

doppl Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree, I haven't heard anything in a while so went on a calling spree yesterday to find that one school never received my check and another never realized that my recommendations had come in.
    good luck