1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Have I passed penn state's pre-screening?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by youngjock, Nov 19, 2002.

1. youngjock

youngjock Membership Revoked
    Removed

I got an email from penn state asking me to fill out the secondary online form.

For all of those who have got a "hold for interview" letter from penn state, did you have to fill out the secondary letter?

I am just wondering if I have already passed their first screening? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sorry, to my knowledge PSU does NOT screen for secondaries. unless Penn State is totally different now than when I applied, you will receive notification that your application is complete about 2-3 weeks post secondary, and an interview invitation or "hold for interview" 1-2 weeks after that notification.

4. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
    7+ Year Member

yep....Katie is correct.

5. unicorn1

unicorn1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I filled out the penn state secondary about a month
    ago...and was told my file is complete a couple weeks
    later. Yesterday, I got the "hold for interview" letter.

6. ERob

ERob Member
    7+ Year Member

I had my LOR's sent to Penn State on Nov. 5, and they still haven't been "received." Has anyone else stuck in the backlog for their secondary materials?

7. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Penn State is slow when it comes to processing LOR's, at least mine. It took them more than month to finally tell me they have all the letters I indicated on the secondary. And they apparently are quite backlogged with letters.

8. Perseverant 1

Perseverant 1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know if the "hold for possible interview" letter goes out to everyone who completes the secondary application?

9. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Nope, as far as I remember, they do reject post-secondary/pre-interview.

10. jonquille

jonquille Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Try doing a search for "hold" or Penn State for "hold for interview" or whatever. My memory of last year was that anyone who was on hold for interview EVENTUALLY got a rejection letter many many many months later (April?). I interviewed there, and then got on "hold" for acceptance -- and never heard after that.

I do feel like I remember reading about someone who applied back two years ago (2000-2001) who maybe was on hold for an interview, but got an invitation in November -- I think that was the only one...

Penn State seems to be really increasing in popularity! I really loved it when I went to interview. Too bad that I didn't get in :( (although it made my life easier that I didn't have to decided if I would live in cow country far from my boyfriend!)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

11. youngjock

youngjock Membership Revoked
    Removed

i sent an email to penn state a while ago. they told me that the applicant may be invited for an interview, or held for interview or rejected.

but from what i read here, lots of people get "hold for interview" letters.

12. NO, a "hold for interview" notice is not given to all candidates post-secondary. from what I know, about 10-15% out-of-state and 25-30% of in-state applicants are invited to interview directly post-secondary, and there is a post-interview acceptance rate of 50% (including waitlist acceptances during the summer). I got an interview invite a little over 2 weeks post-secondary, interviewed 2 weeks after that (was supposed to interview a month after but there was a cancellation), and was put on Hold (essentially a waitlist) 6 weeks post-interview. Never got accepted but ended up at another school. usually a pre-interview hold becomes a rejection in April. PSU is not generally known for taking into consideration any letters or additional materials you may send them b/c they have a LOT of applicants. hope that helps.