have most online applicants got their secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngjock

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
because i haven't got any at all.

let me know, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Youngjock,

I too have not received any secondaries after applying online on June 5th. I called AACOMAS last week and they said that it would another week to ten days before schools receive it. Then i contacted them again yesterday and they said the same thing. I told them i sent it in on June 5th, and due to their own technical problems, it was not uploaded until July 4th. So even from July 4th, it has been over two months, way more than their claim of four to six week processing times. They realized this and promised to rush it and have it done this week. I will be on their back until they say it is done. I suggest you do the same. There is no excuse for their incomptency and it is frustrating to feel that all my hard work to have the application in early has gone to waste. If only Johnny Cochran were around...then things would get done a lot quicker...

oh. so what happened to those who already got secondaries from online applications? why are some being processed when ours are not?

one good news, med. school applications have dropped for the third year. there is nothing that we can do. so just let it be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Youngjock...

just curious where you get the stats from concerning the number of apps this year. i've been hearing the same thing that apps are down but where do you get this info? just wonderin...

The numbers that YJ is refering to are for the 2000 entering class, not the 2001 entering class. Since applications are still being accepted for this year, those numbers are not yet available. The AAMC and the AACOM both release those numbers each year. The number of applications has declined each of the last 4 years from a high in 1996 of around 46,000 to 39,000 this year. The number declined by 6% compared to 1999. There was actually a report on CNN last night talking about this and they discussed the reasons why applicants are declining.

Thanks for the help rolltide. I was wondering how the numbers for this year were already in cuz the cycle hasn't closed. But now it makes sense. I think I'll have a look at cnn.com and read up on it. Good luck to everyone!

I would definately keep on them. I applied online June 27 and have already recv'd 5 applic.